• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Livestrong Value Going Down?

Thanks Batwolf, I did read the thread you refer to, but my question is specific to my Livestrong Oakleys and their value and not to Lance or his doping allegations.

to me Livestrong represents a fight against cancer and overcoming that disease. I've had family members battle the disease and their inspiration and hope came from Lance. To me the Livestrong brand isn't tarnished and I see the glasses maybe taking a hit right now since this is still big news but a few months from now there will be another story that gets all the attention. We've gone from Mike Vick to Tiger Woods to Lance Armstrong... only time will tell who is next

for my opinion as a potential buyer, i had the option to get either the jawbone retina burn or the livestrong. i opt to get the retina burn, it affected my decision personally part of my reason is this. thats my 2 cents

All I know is that some of the LiveStrong edition glasses did got marked down recently. But not the entire collection. So its hard to say if Oakley is marking them down because of the Lance issue...or because it was just that time. This might effect resale value for now though, since you can get a brand new Fuel Cell or Scalpel for around $100 at a store.

We don't have a crystal ball to see the value of Lance Armstrong or Livestrong signature pieces in the years ahead but it is reasonable to believe a considerable number of pairs that sold are in collections because they are Oakley glasses, and the interest in Oakley will remain and that alone should halt any values being reduced too much. Consider also most releases are not that rare, and several are still available, and would be considered among the more common limited editions which will create a limit to the investment anyway. Some of the rarer pieces, like Pelota Jawbone, Livestrong C6 and Original Fake Frogskins are so difficult to find it is hard to imagine the values going anywhere except up. There will still be strong supporters of Lance Armstrong and the Livestrong campaign as well, so on all fronts if you could look through that crystal ball I think the prices could amount to few surprises.

I think as collectible pieces they will hold there value, as RVF says, they are in peoples collections for a reason.

Now anybody wanna buy my LiveStrong Fuel Cell?

Back