• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LNIB Ruby Mars..........almost.

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

So suppose in the interest of the common good I am going to have to admit to being a dickhead!

It goes like this:-

I was filpping between work and ebay when up popped this boxed pair of mint ruby mars ,described as complete and original,photographed on a bed ,not a set,looked great,BIN $600, been looking for a pair so hit the buy button. Deal done.
Then I went back to revisit the photos,photo one shows the glasses on a non mars box doesn't it? The Mars box has a wrap around printed sleeve - and isn't it convenient how the insert of the serial number obscures the print on the box? The second photo will not zoom,appears to be from a different source,next photos go on to show a Mars box! Starting to wonder now!!
So I message the seller asking him to cofirm that the box specifies that it is for a Ruby Mars and that the serial number on the frame matces the box before I make payment. Silence.........
Try again ....more silence
So then I go and look at his feed back, and guess what, two purchases from Walleva lenses, Ruby lenses and red rubber perchance ? or am I paranoid?

Here is the link ,comments welcome.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261556857979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Still looking for a ruby mars!

So suppose in the interest of the common good I am going to have to admit to being a dickhead!

It goes like this:-

I was filpping between work and ebay when up popped this boxed pair of mint ruby mars ,described as complete and original,photographed on a bed ,not a set,looked great,BIN $600, been looking for a pair so hit the buy button. Deal done.
Then I went back to revisit the photos,photo one shows the glasses on a non mars box doesn't it? The Mars box has a wrap around printed sleeve - and isn't it convenient how the insert of the serial number obscures the print on the box? The second photo will not zoom,appears to be from a different source,next photos go on to show a Mars box! Starting to wonder now!!
So I message the seller asking him to cofirm that the box specifies that it is for a Ruby Mars and that the serial number on the frame matces the box before I make payment. Silence.........
Try again ....more silence
So then I go and look at his feed back, and guess what, two purchases from Walleva lenses, Ruby lenses and red rubber perchance ? or am I paranoid?

Here is the link ,comments welcome.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261556857979?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Still looking for a ruby mars!

Hmmm, tricky. Well we can all see that the first image shows a pair of mars definitely NOT sitting on top of a mars box which is a dumb mistake to make by the seller. But hey, it could just be a mistake....right....there are still honest folk out there...somewhere...aren't there...?:sorry:
2nd image is almost definitely not his.
All I can say is that if he's for real, surely he'll get back to you to re-assure you.
If not and you're in doubt, keep the cash.

Do Walleva rubbers have size "25" on them? These do. Plus the description says "all original" you got a case if the box or anything isn't "original".

Just had another look at his feed back - he bought some thing off the eyeframesman around the same time as the Walleva purchases - wonder what it was????
He has got 2 chances of me sending money - none and F-all..

Excellent sleuthing. I'd hold on payment and open a case to prevent negative feedback on your end.

I don't think you can open a case if you don't pay.I think I just get a black mark against me ,he cant leave feedback either.

Just had another look at his feed back - he bought some thing off the eyeframesman around the same time as the Walleva purchases - wonder what it was????
He has got 2 chances of me sending money - none and F-all..

Now look at the second page of eyeframesman's "feedback as a seller" and yep, there he is currently 2nd from bottom with a purchase on 7th of April with "AUTHENTIC NEW OAKLEY X METAL XMETAL MARS (#251489149804)".
Real sorry mate, but I think you've got your answer.

Back