• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Locking Down The Forum

I don't see how a post count is proof someone will or won't scam you.

As for people coming on here and scalping well, if they post and get no replies, they'll soon go somewhere else. The effort it takes us to just ignore it and move on is far less than the effort it will take mods to scrutinise every post to see if someone is or isn't worthy of posting something for sale one they've reached a certain post count.

Nothing about the current way the forum is run is a burden to me, so I don't see the need to change it.

Post count certainly isn't proof but posts can be a useful tool when determining whether you want to deal with a guy. I know I've turned away from deals simply by taking the time to look at the history of a member's posts over the years.

And while it certainly is easy to ignore potential scalpers, let me assure you that there are many out there that are quite persistent. I'd rather not have to wade through their threads in the for sale forum. Especially in a forum where members are allowed to create multiple for sale threads.

I noticed that guests can still view the X-Metal exchange section. Is there anyway we can make that private too?

I logged out and tried it. It says that it is private. I also pulled the site up on my laptop and tablet without signing in and they both show private. Did you clear your cache or cookies? All the sections show private here....

One of my first posts on here was to sell shades. That is because i was reading the page for awhile and when the time came to unload my collection I thought why not offer it to people who share the same passion as I do. I felt much more comfortable dealing with people here then I did putting them on Feebay or Clist. I thought I may get a higher premium on ebay, but its just not worth the hassle. So in summation, I may have joined eventually, but if there had been a limit to prevent me from selling, I might not have signed up right away. Instead I might have continued to lurk. In regards to post counts too, I am more of a reader then a poster, should I be penalized for that?

Back