• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Logo printed off center on new Frogskins

Should I return them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firstfrogskins

Oakley Beginner
I just purchased my first pair of Frogskins from the Oakley website. The glasses look awesome but the logo on the left arm is just a little off center, making them look a bit fake. Is this a common issue? I'm not sure whether I should try to return them or just go along with it.
IMG_20181127_222702.jpg
IMG_20181127_222756.jpg
IMG_20181127_222811.jpg

That would annoy me to no end. If it were me, i see two options; 1) returning or 2) stripping the paint off the logo of both arms and leaving them blacked out.
Any advice on how to strip the paint? I would actually prefer the arms to be blacked out.

Any advice on how to strip the paint? I would actually prefer the arms to be blacked out.

First, pop the lenses out so you don't damage them. If you don't know how, watch a tutorial on youtube. There's tons. Then use some acetone or paint thinner on a rag and soak the logo with it for a few minutes, then start rubbing and it should come off. Once it's off, wash the frames with some mild soapy water. Reassemble.

Back