• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Trying to educate myself with Oakley.

WeirdG

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,

I own a few pairs of Oakleys. My first pair were the Tightrope (OO4040-06), then the Fuel Cell which I really hated. I hated the Fuel Cell's so much, I went back to the Tightrope. Since my Tightrope were finally showing some wear, I bought some Tinfoil (OO4083-07) last year, which I really like.

The Tinfoil colors were very similar to the the Tightrope sunglasses I owned, so lately I'd been searching for something different. I recently lucked out, and scored a great deal on some Carbon Shift sunglasses (OO9302-06), so those are my new go to sunglasses. I really love the Prizm lens. They do a really great job blocking the sun, and they cover my eye sockets better than the previous pairs of sunglasses I've owned.

In any case, that's a little bit of history between me and Oakley.

Welcome.
What was it about the Fuel Cells you hated? Admittedly they are a bit of a different style than the others you listed but I'm curious (as a lot of people -myself included - like them).

Again Welcome to the forum

Hello all,

I own a few pairs of Oakleys. My first pair were the Tightrope (OO4040-06), then the Fuel Cell which I really hated. I hated the Fuel Cell's so much, I went back to the Tightrope. Since my Tightrope were finally showing some wear, I bought some Tinfoil (OO4083-07) last year, which I really like.

The Tinfoil colors were very similar to the the Tightrope sunglasses I owned, so lately I'd been searching for something different. I recently lucked out, and scored a great deal on some Carbon Shift sunglasses (OO9302-06), so those are my new go to sunglasses. I really love the Prizm lens. They do a really great job blocking the sun, and they cover my eye sockets better than the previous pairs of sunglasses I've owned.

In any case, that's a little bit of history between me and Oakley.
Welcome to the forum

Welcome.
What was it about the Fuel Cells you hated? Admittedly they are a bit of a different style than the others you listed but I'm curious (as a lot of people -myself included - like them).

Again Welcome to the forum

I really dislike the thick arms. I was planning to use them while playing slo-pitch, but never did. I tried wearing them while driving, but the thickness of the arms was blocking a significant portion of my vision whenever I did shoulder checks. I have no idea why I even bought them. I think I wore them maybe, 3-4 times and now they're just collecting dust. They're really not my style.

Latest Posts

Back