• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long time lurker first time poster

OldSchoolLurker

Oakley Expert
Finally decided to finish my account and stop being a creeper...I've been following along for years and have kept my O habit suppressed for quite some time. However, with the help of you all and the recent MUZM releases I've been sucked back in big time.

I scored my first pair of Subzero 2n back in the early 90s when I was in 4th grade...literally traded a kid hundreds of pogs for them...my parents weren't too keen on that whole transaction and I had to return them to said kid. We ended up making that trade again without my parents knowing but at this point I had no way of wearing the shades...so I traded them for a pair of crystal clear/violet frogskins and $50 to a friend on my baseball team.

From 4th grade on I was hooked on all things O and anything Zero in particular. My parents finally came around to the madness when I was in 5th grade and let me pick out a pair...I went with the 0.6, Planet-X/+Red which was a pretty aggressive pair of sunglasses for a 10 year old. Those things have gone everywhere with me and I joke that they are one of the longest tenured items in my possession.

I spent hours drooling over zeros and m's throughout those years of my life. I would hassle the sales associates at our local bike and ski shops for any literature they had and plastered my walls with catalogs and advertisements. Since then I always picked up a pair here and there but those early 90s O-matter frames have always been my weakness.

I went on to study graphic design in college and now manage a wide-format printing business. There's no doubt in my mind that my early Oakley obsession drew me to that field. All of my notebooks in grade school were full of O logos, zero, and m frames.

I never have considered myself a collector, primarily due to being a kid and not having the resources back then. I thoroughly enjoy seeing everyone else's collection and it surely takes me back to being that kid staring at a bunch of shades in a display case. Maybe some of you can relate but I have had dreams about stumbling into a hole in the wall surf or bike shop and finding a case full of crystal blue...glitter gulch...long lost color ways and having the ability to buy them up at their original retail.

When I saw the Subzero MUZM info for the first time I was awestruck...it was finally here and I knew I would do whatever I could to get my hands on one of those pairs. I followed along here and was fortunate enough to get both the Fingerprint and PlanetX options, both of which were all time wish list items for me. I'm more impressed with the Fingerprint due to the frosting being more true to the original. However, I'm on cloud nine about having these two pairs of shades back and being able to wear them again.

I was also able to grab the M-Frames yesterday and hopefully those don't end up cancelled. I know there was a lot of people that missed them and it sounds like that's a trend with the recent releases. I hate that for you guys, I'm sure a lot of you are just like me and can recall looking at those glasses in a case 30 years ago, long before you could afford to go in and buy yourself a pair.

I hope to be active here and continue to learn more...I'm always amazed with the information that this forum produces and it's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy one out here.

Finally decided to finish my account and stop being a creeper...I've been following along for years and have kept my O habit suppressed for quite some time. However, with the help of you all and the recent MUZM releases I've been sucked back in big time.

I scored my first pair of Subzero 2n back in the early 90s when I was in 4th grade...literally traded a kid hundreds of pogs for them...my parents weren't too keen on that whole transaction and I had to return them to said kid. We ended up making that trade again without my parents knowing but at this point I had no way of wearing the shades...so I traded them for a pair of crystal clear/violet frogskins and $50 to a friend on my baseball team.

From 4th grade on I was hooked on all things O and anything Zero in particular. My parents finally came around to the madness when I was in 5th grade and let me pick out a pair...I went with the 0.6, Planet-X/+Red which was a pretty aggressive pair of sunglasses for a 10 year old. Those things have gone everywhere with me and I joke that they are one of the longest tenured items in my possession.

I spent hours drooling over zeros and m's throughout those years of my life. I would hassle the sales associates at our local bike and ski shops for any literature they had and plastered my walls with catalogs and advertisements. Since then I always picked up a pair here and there but those early 90s O-matter frames have always been my weakness.

I went on to study graphic design in college and now manage a wide-format printing business. There's no doubt in my mind that my early Oakley obsession drew me to that field. All of my notebooks in grade school were full of O logos, zero, and m frames.

I never have considered myself a collector, primarily due to being a kid and not having the resources back then. I thoroughly enjoy seeing everyone else's collection and it surely takes me back to being that kid staring at a bunch of shades in a display case. Maybe some of you can relate but I have had dreams about stumbling into a hole in the wall surf or bike shop and finding a case full of crystal blue...glitter gulch...long lost color ways and having the ability to buy them up at their original retail.

When I saw the Subzero MUZM info for the first time I was awestruck...it was finally here and I knew I would do whatever I could to get my hands on one of those pairs. I followed along here and was fortunate enough to get both the Fingerprint and PlanetX options, both of which were all time wish list items for me. I'm more impressed with the Fingerprint due to the frosting being more true to the original. However, I'm on cloud nine about having these two pairs of shades back and being able to wear them again.

I was also able to grab the M-Frames yesterday and hopefully those don't end up cancelled. I know there was a lot of people that missed them and it sounds like that's a trend with the recent releases. I hate that for you guys, I'm sure a lot of you are just like me and can recall looking at those glasses in a case 30 years ago, long before you could afford to go in and buy yourself a pair.

I hope to be active here and continue to learn more...I'm always amazed with the information that this forum produces and it's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy one out here.
Welcome
That’s a lot of words.

1tlr1p.gif

Back