• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long time lurker first time poster

For reference it was roughly $100-150 worth of retail POG crap that may or may not have fell off a truck...this was I believe '94 and I was 9-10?

I believe those subzeros retailed for $95 and the kid I traded with literally found them in their mf bag laying on the sidewalk outside of a pizza shop.

I've never really brought it back up to my parents but they must have been real curious when I proudly came home on my bike that day with some primo shades.

For reference it was roughly $100-150 worth of retail POG crap that may or may not have fell off a truck...this was I believe '94 and I was 9-10?

I believe those subzeros retailed for $95 and the kid I traded with literally found them in their mf bag laying on the sidewalk outside of a pizza shop.

I've never really brought it back up to my parents but they must have been real curious when I proudly came home on my bike that day with some primo shades.
That’s awesome

My parents were pissed when I got home on my bike with Eye Jackets one day. “You paid WHAT, for those!?” Lol
I was so deflated when that kid and his mom came to our house so we could reverse the trade...I vividly remember the bags of POGs and my parents asking where the hell I got them all anyway.

The fact that my dad finally bought me a pair the following year still amazes me. When the Muzm's came out I was sure to send him a photo and thank him for supporting something that became a core memory. Someday I'll share the story of how those legit 0.6 were stolen and eventually returned.

Most of my friends had eye jackets...many of them matte black w/ black iridium which seemed to be the most common. I have always wanted the Ivory w/ gold iridium, love that combo.

I was so deflated when that kid and his mom came to our house so we could reverse the trade...I vividly remember the bags of POGs and my parents asking where the hell I got them all anyway.

The fact that my dad finally bought me a pair the following year still amazes me. When the Muzm's came out I was sure to send him a photo and thank him for supporting something that became a core memory. Someday I'll share the story of how those legit 0.6 were stolen and eventually returned.

Most of my friends had eye jackets...many of them matte black w/ black iridium which seemed to be the most common. I have always wanted the Ivory w/ gold iridium, love that combo.
Awesome.

I had Moss / Gold. And Oakleys are a huge part of my memory growing up.

Latest Posts

Back