• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long Time Reader...

talismanx

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Been looking for a place for people like me. Been wearing O's since the late 80's... unfortunately most of those early pairs have been lost to time or run over (original Juliet with SN). The first pair I remember owning was a pair of original Razor Blades with Orange Mirror. Then a pair of Sub Zeros.

I love Oakley for the quality not just of their sunglasses but of their apparel. I have "collected" over the years shoes (even have a pair or Shoe Ones somewhere in a box), boots, backpacks, jackets and watches. I miss my low SN Timebomb 1 (TI/Carbon Fiber) that Oakley could not repair (trading it in did get me a discount on a TBII however).

For the most part my "collecting" is for actual use. I mostly "collect" X-Metals. Have a Romeo 1 that I bought NEW about 2-3 years ago. It was shipped by accident to the Vault near me in a Juliet box. Latest purchase is a new 24K Juliet that has grown on me... love the style and the lens is fantastic. i just ordered custom Violet lenses from Dr. Chop to put into the warranty replacement Plasma Juliet (for that pair that got run over).

Anyway.. glad to be here among the "crazy ones" (or is that the Apple forum)... any way glad to be here and see that there are people that spend more on this "hobby" than I do. Love to see those collections.

TalismanX

Here is one that I posted on another thread. This was an experiment to compare an original fire (on the right) from my old Juliets with a new Ruby (on the Left.. duh). Looking through them is completely different but they look very similar.

KYzIu.jpg

Here are a couple others.

A carbon frame with Zeiss Cool Blue polarized lenses.
ci9bb.jpg

A polarized prescription pair I have with aftermarket lenses (since Oakley does not make a Ruby (like) perscription lens.
prC7V.jpg

Back