• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Look at what you made me do

jrgroucho

Oakley Beginner
Screenshot (4).png
So I made a brief intro here. I originally bought a used pair of first gen Juliets from the Bay sometime early 2002. I only remember that because of Black Hawk Down. I remember reading about how they were an anachronistic to the movie. I remembered them from X-Men but didn't realize they were real glasses. Anyway I searched the web for any info I could find and learned all I could about them. I vaguely remember details about other X-Metals from the era, but was only interested in X-Metal Juliets. (Preferably with the ruby lenses, but who would spend nearly $400 for sunglasses? lol) I spent $165-ish dollars on a gently used pair with box and coin. I loved those glasses. They accompanied me everywhere I went from all over the States to Canada and Mexico. They were with me on my nearly month long trip to Ecuador and The Galapagos. I'd still have them to this day if I hadn't left them at a BWW 4 miles from my house. I was crushed, but to punish myself I wouldn't get a replacement pair until I found an exceptional deal.

Unfortunately, the bug had bit though and I knew I couldn't go back to just any old department store sunglasses. I had already bought a pair of Razrwire NBT but they were too fragile for my style of volleyball play (the frames are still bent out of shape but strangely seem square on my head...) I then bought some Fives 2.0. They seemed to fit more with my noggin bashin' play style. After that I bought a pair of Square Whiskers.

Yikes, this is starting to get long. Anyway, ten days ago I was looking on craigslist (which I never do) and found a post from the day before featuring a pair of Plasma frame with polarized ice lenses for $75. It was nearly an hour away, but I was off of work that day so I contacted the seller to see if they were still available. They were so off I went...

I got there and I immediately thought I was in the wrong place. I'm on a lake at a really fancy house nobody here is selling anything on craigslist. But I drove all that way so I knocked on the door. I was greeted by a middle-aged house husband who seemed confused by me being there. I told him I was looking for the lady selling the sunglasses and he said I was in the right spot. What?!!!? I talked to the them for a bit he said he was selling them because he couldn't get prescription lenses she comes back with a pair of bone white plasmas (not in the pics) and I buy them with no other questions asked. She then says to her husband that she guesses she'll keep the ad up since he decided to sell his as well. I said, "you have another pair for sale? are they the same? She tells me, "I have a pair, they're exactly the same".
Plasma Juliet.jpg

Bone Plasma Juliet.jpg

3 Juliets.jpg

Last edited:
I know, right. I didn't want to make the post too long (TWSS), but I actually left after the first transaction and went straight to the nearest ATM since only brought $75 with me incase I got mugged lol! I got back at their door and she asked if there was something wrong with the sunglasses. I told her no, but my girlfriend could use some new glasses too! So yeah, two pairs for $150. The regular plasma with no serial is a bit loose, but the bone plasma is nearly factory fresh.

I know, right. I didn't want to make the post too long (TWSS), but I actually left after the first transaction and went straight to the nearest ATM since only brought $75 with me incase I got mugged lol! I got back at their door and she asked if there was something wrong with the sunglasses. I told her no, but my girlfriend could use some new glasses too! So yeah, two pairs for $150. The regular plasma with no serial is a bit loose, but the bone plasma is nearly factory fresh.

The no serial could've been a warranty frame. Congratulations on the score!

For me, mine were given to me by my pops. I was 16 at the time he bought them. He told us he was going to the bathroom, while we were at the movie theater. He actually ended up going to the sunglasses store right next door and bought a pair of polished Juliets along w/ two other sunglasses. One was a Flak Jacket, and the other one was unidentified (I can't remember). Flak was for me, as well as the unidentified. The polished were passed down to me later when he didn't end up liking them. Anyways, the funny part was he told my mom that he found them in the bathroom in a bag. She believed him...until they did their taxes that year and she went through his bank account.

The only downside of the story? He threw away ALL the boxes to make the story more believable...including the Juliet's Box/Coin.

Awesome, what a great story. That sounds like something I would have tried. Funny thing is now a have a bunch of boxes to crap I'm sure isn't going to be worth anything in the future!

Latest Posts

Back