• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Look at what you made me do

View attachment 366923 So I made a brief intro here. I originally bought a used pair of first gen Juliets from the Bay sometime early 2002. I only remember that because of Black Hawk Down. I remember reading about how they were an anachronistic to the movie. I remembered them from X-Men but didn't realize they were real glasses. Anyway I searched the web for any info I could find and learned all I could about them. I vaguely remember details about other X-Metals from the era, but was only interested in X-Metal Juliets. (Preferably with the ruby lenses, but who would spend nearly $400 for sunglasses? lol) I spent $165-ish dollars on a gently used pair with box and coin. I loved those glasses. They accompanied me everywhere I went from all over the States to Canada and Mexico. They were with me on my nearly month long trip to Ecuador and The Galapagos. I'd still have them to this day if I hadn't left them at a BWW 4 miles from my house. I was crushed, but to punish myself I wouldn't get a replacement pair until I found an exceptional deal.

Unfortunately, the bug had bit though and I knew I couldn't go back to just any old department store sunglasses. I had already bought a pair of Razrwire NBT but they were too fragile for my style of volleyball play (the frames are still bent out of shape but strangely seem square on my head...) I then bought some Fives 2.0. They seemed to fit more with my noggin bashin' play style. After that I bought a pair of Square Whiskers.

Yikes, this is starting to get long. Anyway, ten days ago I was looking on craigslist (which I never do) and found a post from the day before featuring a pair of Plasma frame with polarized ice lenses for $75. It was nearly an hour away, but I was off of work that day so I contacted the seller to see if they were still available. They were so off I went...

I got there and I immediately thought I was in the wrong place. I'm on a lake at a really fancy house nobody here is selling anything on craigslist. But I drove all that way so I knocked on the door. I was greeted by a middle-aged house husband who seemed confused by me being there. I told him I was looking for the lady selling the sunglasses and he said I was in the right spot. What?!!!? I talked to the them for a bit he said he was selling them because he couldn't get prescription lenses she comes back with a pair of bone white plasmas (not in the pics) and I buy them with no other questions asked. She then says to her husband that she guesses she'll keep the ad up since he decided to sell his as well. I said, "you have another pair for sale? are they the same? She tells me, "I have a pair, they're exactly the same".
View attachment 366924

View attachment 366925

View attachment 366926
Great story and congrats

Back