• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Look for insight for next Wire purchase...

socalTrojan

Oakley Beginner
I like wires.
Never had a titanium frame, and spring hinge sounds nice to have features..
I did some reading on comparisons and saw there's a few to choose from..
Square wire, conductor 6/8, gauge 6/8
And metal Holbrook

I haven't figured out exactly which lens, but frame wise ... Anyone have concise insight to guide my decision making process?

I've had Deviation and really liked it..

Perhaps Ti Crosshairs might be a consideration?
And it's real Oakley, undiluted by Lux.
I've no positive comments regarding your other suggestions...

I appreciate the insight. It’ll be a tough search for Ti Crosshairs BNIB. The ones I thought I found had bent frames.

I've had a few Deviations. The camo version and the violet from the Jewel collection. I really liked them.

I just sold a Gauge 8 M a few weeks ago. I liked it but I needed the cash for something else. The size was nice for a Med head and it had standard Ruby lenses, not Prizm which is getting kinda rare now. I'd pick up another if the price was right.

20140607_131307.jpg20140607_152503.jpg

I've had a few Deviations. The camo version and the violet from the Jewel collection. I really liked them.

I just sold a Gauge 8 M a few weeks ago. I liked it but I needed the cash for something else. The size was nice for a Med head and it had standard Ruby lenses, not Prizm which is getting kinda rare now. I'd pick up another if the price was right.

View attachment 624439View attachment 624440

Non Prizm Ruby is not rare.
You can still get a Gauge 8 M Ruby directly from Oakley.

Non Prizm Ruby is not rare.
You can still get a Gauge 8 M Ruby directly from Oakley.
The gauge 8 yes, but in reality ruby is going away in favor of Prizm ruby. Its only a matter of time. It you want a "ruby" lens with a grey base lens, but it now.

Back