• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking at a display case

Reese's Pieces

I should Work at Oakley
Lexington, SC
I'm headed out tomorrow to look at a display case that a guy has had in his storage shed for a couple of years. Apparently, it was part of a pair that the guy delivering them screwed up by not securing them properly and they hit the ground. One was a loss and this one sustained a small amount of damage. By the photo, it looks like the doors are a bit out of line. Can I assume this can be fixed like a normal cabinet?

He wants $150 for it. Based on the few cases I see anywhere near me for many times the price, I can deal with it needing a little spit and polish.

Thoughts?

00N0N_4v8jCHAsnNr_600x450.jpg

I'm headed out tomorrow to look at a display case that a guy has had in his storage shed for a couple of years. Apparently, it was part of a pair that the guy delivering them screwed up by not securing them properly and they hit the ground. One was a loss and this one sustained a small amount of damage. By the photo, it looks like the doors are a bit out of line. Can I assume this can be fixed like a normal cabinet?

He wants $150 for it. Based on the few cases I see anywhere near me for many times the price, I can deal with it needing a little spit and polish.

Thoughts?

View attachment 348416
Take it

Frank, do you sit lying in wait for people to post? LOL.

I agree, grab it. Especially if they don't come up in your area very often.

I was hoping my thoughts on it were right. It seems like I'm not alone thinking that way.

He has to double check about the keys but even if they are missing, is it pretty straightforward to get a new one cut?

Definitely! Of course this pops up right after I bought the Detolf from Ikea. My wife even asked me what I'm going to do with the Ikea case now. I just smiled and thought to myself that now I have more room built in. LOL

Now that's rational thinking. You have to fill them both or you would have just wasted money on the Detolf. LOL

What model is this? 3.0, 4.0, etc... I'm wanting to look up dimensions for it.

Edit: Never mind. Double Mega Tower 3.0. Size is 35x21x73

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back