• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking at an LCD screen with the Holbrooks Polarized Black!?

thinkp4d

Oakley Beginner
Hi there,

I've got these Holbrooks Prizm Black Polarized pair and something weird goes on when I put them on and I watch my LCD monitor screens (I know this is the normal usecase, but bear with me).

It's this mirroring effect, in which I'm able to see my own eyes and reflection to a degree when I look at the screens. It's quite strange.
Also, if I change my viewing angle towards the screens, at direct angles the screen is displayed more dark and at side angles it's displayed with more light.

The viewing experience seems rather normal when looking at other stuff besides screens.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone experienced this?
2. Are these glasses faulty?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes @Broccoli @TNRedbeard . Forgot to mention.
They are: Holbrooks Prizm Black Polarized
ID on them is: OO9102-0655 - 57 18 137

On the box it says 55 instead 57. Some confusion there, but I understand that's Oakley doing some measurement stunt and then leaving us in the darkness. It's my first polarized pair, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-22 at 15.07.31.jpeg

Hi there,

I've got these Holbrooks Prizm Black Polarized pair and something weird goes on when I put them on and I watch my LCD monitor screens (I know this is the normal usecase, but bear with me).

It's this mirroring effect, in which I'm able to see my own eyes and reflection to a degree when I look at the screens. It's quite strange.
Also, if I change my viewing angle towards the screens, at direct angles the screen is displayed more dark and at side angles it's displayed with more light.

The viewing experience seems rather normal when looking at other stuff besides screens.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone experienced this?
2. Are these glasses faulty?

Thanks!
No more drugs for this man.

Back