• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking at an LCD screen with the Holbrooks Polarized Black!?

Yeh same i just can’t handle polarized lenses at times. Now dillons which are polarized is now giving me nausea at times that 3d effect especially looking at your phone, lcd etc is annoyingly bothersom.
I’ll be happy to take a pair of Dillions for the R1 off your hands if they are giving you nausea😊

Yep, normal.

It's also not because of LCD/OLED specifically either, so it varies by devices that have some sort of antiglare coating (which will most the time be phones and what not).

So I can see most of my stuff (my mirrorless cameras, phones, car dash) fine in their default position, but if I turn the phone landscape or swing out my cameras LCD to shoot vertical in portrait orientation then the screen goes dark. If you put two polarized lens or filters on top of each other and rotate, you'll eventually black it out.

I prefer polarized when driving just because my windshield isn't the greatest at glare reduction and polarized glasses really helps clear up my windshield. But out and about, polarization is hardly needed especially with Prizm already reducing blue in most of my lens choices. Only time I'd probably want it is around the water.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who doesn’t do well with polarized - sucks that most the Oakley frames I end up liking come with them 🤷‍♂️

Latest Posts

Back