• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking at buying a pair of halfx but seller says no writing on inside arms, are there legitimate pairs without serial or sku#?

Eric88

Oakley Beginner
Looking at purchasing a pair of half x but seller says no writing on inside arms, are there legitimate pairs without sku or serial?

Yes I'll send them

Screenshot_20230603-075401_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230603-075403_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230603-075407_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230603-075411_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230603-075415_Facebook.jpg

Unfortunately the pictures you posted are not very good.
I still say it is a legit Half-X.
Ask about the spring Hinges to be intact.
As well as the condition of the Rubber.
Rubber are very hard to find. The extra lenses don’t ad any value to me.
Should you decide to buy it get rid of the tools. They will most likely damage your screws. Get a high quality T6 from WIHA.

Looking at purchasing a pair of half x but seller says no writing on inside arms, are there legitimate pairs without sku or serial?
as far as I know there where two releases of the Half-X (just like the Romeo 2):
1) with the 2 parts box without serial and no SKU-marking ("4th gen Xmetal")
2) with the 3 parts box without serial but with SKU-marking ("5th gen Xmetal")

=> judging by your pictures they look legit (also I do not remember having see good fakes of the half-x but of all the other you can find plenty online)

Hi,

Half-X owner here. Totally fine that the letters disappeared, happened on mine as well.
The frame appears to be in a decent condition (Plasma one, right?) and the rubbers in a good state. If that's the case they weren't used a lot.

Hope it helps!

Latest Posts

Back