• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for 17 inch laptop backpack, Oakley Kitchen Sink or Targus Drifter?

financialwar

Oakley Beginner
Currently still undecided if i want to go with the oakley kitchen sink or Targus Drifter II.

The Kitchen Sink is twice the cost of the Drifter II, it is justified? Is the Oakley twice as good?

Is there any other 17 inch bag I should consider?

Thanks.

This is a comparison thread. Your statement doesn't add any value.

Good point, I own the kitchen sink and its the best bag I've owned for space and what I travel with, I've never owned the Targus 3, but I have a Targus computer bag that's pretty good, the way to compare is are you just carrying a computer or do you need space for a lot of stuff? The Kitchen offers a lot of space, the big Kitchen holds a lot more. It's exspensive but is well worth it. If it's just for your computer I wouldn't buy the kitchen sink, they sell the bathroom sink which is a little smaller, or go for. The Targus they make good products

Good point, I own the kitchen sink and its the best bag I've owned for space and what I travel with, I've never owned the Targus 3, but I have a Targus computer bag that's pretty good, the way to compare is are you just carrying a computer or do you need space for a lot of stuff? The Kitchen offers a lot of space, the big Kitchen holds a lot more. It's exspensive but is well worth it. If it's just for your computer I wouldn't buy the kitchen sink, they sell the bathroom sink which is a little smaller, or go for. The Targus they make good products
Bathroom sink won't fit a 17" computer ... Kitchen Sink doesn't fit all type of 17" computers ... Some real old/thick ones might have a hard time fitting.

I think @financialwar should share what he needs in a bag. Both bags are made overseas by reputable companies. So IMO, both are 'good' bags.

If you want a laptop bag that's also backpack I'd go with Targus
If you want a backpack that'll also hold a laptop, Kitchen Sink might be your bag ...

Check the dimensions of the Kitchen or the Big Kitchen ... They're huge! (34L and 35L respectfully)

I'd also suggest going in store with your laptop and trying each bag to see if it fits your needs...

Check the reviews online on Google or Amazon and you might get a consumer point of view from both products...

So once you're tried both AND read more or less objective reviews online, maybe then you'll be able to determine if it's worth the premium (to you)

And don't be snippy with members, that sucks!

i have a mx18 laptop. Dell makes a bag for that large computer. Not the right section to ask, i would maybe hit Anandtech or something along those lines.

"just because i have a lighter doesn't make me a Dragon"

Because Australia? :p

IMO, unless your job is to review specific products...people don't purposefully go online to write that they're satisfied with a particular product, they most often go online to bitch and moan ...about a particular product they're not happy about

Well are these complaints valid? Kitchen Sink seem to be an expensive bag with good looks and low practicability.

Latest Posts

Back