• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Looking for a cheap juliet for a project.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hi O brothers.
I'm looking for an affordable pair for a customization project.
The only important thing is for the bridge not to be loose.
I'm located in Chile.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Hi O brothers.
I'm looking for an affordable pair for a customization project.
The only important thing is for the bridge not to be loose.
I'm located in Chile.
General curiosity, why would the bridge being tight matter for a project pair? I was under the impression when a frame is customized it's fully disassembled, hence making how loose/tight the bridge is insignificant to the project as it'll require new pins/gaskets once the customization is done.

@Wicked has a pretty cheap Juliet, not sure if he'd ship international but worth inquiring about

Username Hidden said:
General curiosity, why would the bridge being tight matter for a project pair? I was under the impression when a frame is customized it's fully disassembled, hence making how loose/tight the bridge is insignificant to the project as it'll require new pins/gaskets once the customization is done.

@Wicked has a pretty cheap Juliet, not sure if he'd ship international but worth inquiring about
I need one with a firm bridge because I do not have the knowledge nor the tools to fix it.
I want to use rubbers and lenses... and maybe some rust effect, but that' all.

pm sent

Username Hidden said:
Are you sure? I don't have any new nessages on my inbox.

sorry, my mistake. will pm in a while🙏🏻

pm sent

Username Hidden said:
I need one with a firm bridge because I do not have the knowledge nor the tools to fix it.
I want to use rubbers and lenses... and maybe some rust effect, but that' all.
Ahh... So basically you want a bare frame with a tight nose bridge - cause most people consider a project frame being a beat-up worn out frame that requires a nose bridge tune-up. Which isn't a issue, as most projects include having the frame taken apart for the project purpose.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for! I would be interested in hearing how you plan to apply a rust affect on a titanium frame, would that be with paint or electroforming copper?

Username Hidden said:
Ahh... So basically you want a bare frame with a tight nose bridge - cause most people consider a project frame being a beat-up worn out frame that requires a nose bridge tune-up. Which isn't a issue, as most projects include having the frame taken apart for the project purpose.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for! I would be interested in hearing how you plan to apply a rust affect on a titanium frame, would that be with paint or electroforming copper?
If the frame is worn out that is ok, but the nose bridge is hard to fix (...for me at least).
I'm thinking about using the same paint people use for airplane model kits... this is my first time doing this, so please don't laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.