• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For A First Pair Of Oakleys!!

hammertime

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I am new to the world of Oakleys(and expensive sunglasses) but from what I have heard, they are worth the money. I went to a local Oakley dealer, and I saw a ton of pairs, but they all seemed to be alot. I want a pair of polarized sunglasses, these aren't for fashion, I want a functional pair. I feel like most polarized pairs are around $200, and are boring. I feel like for $200 i should get a lot more than polarized lens are boring frames. What do you guys think? COuld you reccomend some good starter pairs?

Thanks guys for the quick response, I really appreciate, I am gonna check out ebay for some cheap pairs, and prob save some money up before pulling the trigger.

If you are in the u.s. and collect coke points.you can spend them plus some money and get some for at least 30 and some close to 50 % off.there are quite a few pairs on there.you go to mycokerewards and and them MCR and clink on Oakley.Hope this helps.

reggavegga said:
If you are in the u.s. and collect coke points.you can spend them plus some money and get some for at least 30 and some close to 50 % off.there are quite a few pairs on there.you go to mycokerewards and and them MCR and clink on Oakley.Hope this helps.

I never knew that, and I think we can all agree, it helps if you can save some money on oaks. Thanks a million I am gonna start getting into this.

I just created a guide which explains the method Reggavegga discuseed above and another method I have used to earn some extra paypal cash in the past. It can be found in my signature below, or as a sticky. Enjoy!

Hey bro, Hope you enjoy your glasses which ever ones you get...

My advice would be, to not get the bottlecaps - there to old and have been discontinued in a lot of shops.

The Flak Jackets are probably the most all round pair you could buy. Maybe even the Straight Jackets as well..
The flak's are for a more square headed person, whereas the Straights are better for round headed people.

There are more but i don't want to list them all,, As for lenses - Bronze polarized is awsome for everyday useage but it doesn't have an iridium coating so if your checking out the ladies,, THEY WILL SEE YOU! - but again its up to you.

Any questions just ask..

adz x

i think we've been missing the most important thing in buying sunglasses. the shape of the face. is it round, oval, long, thin ect. if you're in the store try some sunnies that suits your face most, then you could decide which one to buy :D..

Thank I have just been reading up on different types of glasses with different shapes. The other day I went over to sunglasshut and was trying on some gascan's. They were looking good. Not to sporty, I like that they are casual.

Back