• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for a nice set of PENNY glasses!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I know....but with the used ones, the lenses are a bit scratched, the NIB ones are.....well, NIB. But no serial number.

Some people reacted to this post.
And more expensive. Get used serial numbered ones, or NIB non serial numbered ones. Lenses will for sure be brand new...with the used serial number ones, it's a toss up....and the new Ruby lenses cost $250 on eBay so.....ugh....

What is your budget?

Entirely up to you. I don't know the price or condition of the items your interested in. Your gonna need lenses by the sounds of it, possibly a tune on the serial pair I don't know.

Do whats right for you

Well, the used ones are about $650, the NIB ones are about $150 more. I just don't want to spend $650 on the used serial numbered ones and find out the lenses are real bad. And we are talking about the X-Metal / Ruby ones....not the titanium or polished ones. And the NIB one comes with EVERYTHING....box, coin, papers, case, etc. The used ones don't come with anything...just scratches on the lenses.....but have a serial number.

I need to make a decision real fast...don't want to risk losing one or the other.

It's like this...A or B.

X-Metal / Ruby Iridium Pennys

A. USED with serial number and some scratches on the lenses. Glasses only. $650

B. NIB with EVERYTHING that comes in the box (box, papers, warranty, coin, etc) but no serial number. $800

So for $150 more, I get a pair that is NIB. New Oakley RUBY lenses I saw for sale at $250...so if I want new lenses on the serial numbered ones, I have to pay another $250....that's $900. And the seller says the frame is in "good" condition. Ugh...I might just get the NIB one and be done with it. I dono....

For 150 more if You have The money i bay The NiB and You Get a Perfect frame :)

I'd go NIB

Just did. And I feel sick to my stomach for paying that much. I may just put it aside and get another set to use....I knew this would happen. Just waiting on the PayPal request for payment. I will post pics ASAP!!! Feels like Xmas!!