• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for a pair of Oakley's for someone with a very narrow nose and full/high cheeks?

x squared: I'm not sure if they're available online.. the only place I saw them was ebay..which I don't trust..
also, how's the side of the frames? would sun go through the sides?

straight jacket? is it just me or do the lenses appear too far away?/not sure if this would look ok on me. but I will consider them.

monster dog? sold out everywhere except ebay...which again I kind of have some trust issues with them selling real oakley's..:/ not sure about that. / also not sure if they would accept returns. In order for me to try them on I will need to purchase them and know that I can return them fully refunded.

Blackout jawbone? I'm not seeing this anywhere online for purchase.

Style Switch- doesn't say they are polarized. /seller doesn't ship to me. (I'm from CAD)

Dan Carullo: Yea, I'm pretty sure the sales associate didn't know what she was talking about when she said they were black iridium...although they were over $200.. maybe they were gray iridium..

HalfLink, Flak 2.0, fast jacket: aren't framed at the bottom, I would really prefer that.
Fit Valve Asian Fit: are not polarized? doesn't say.
Scalpel: are not polarized? doesn't say/ also cannot find a place that ships to CAD.

Retina Burn, tinfoil & tincan: don't want a wire frame because it provides no sun protection on the sides

asian two faced: cannot find online place that ships to me (CAD)

I just wanted to mention that I am from CAD and anything I will be buying will be online through paypal(no oakley retailers near me/in my city). I really would prefer paypal because easy returns, money back in the bank since I buy these sunglasses online I will also be trying them on for the first time at home. I need to know that the online supplier provides easy 100% full refund returns.

I also about a week ago bought some Turbines because a couple people recommended them to me a while ago and they are not good at all...they are waaay too wide, the nose area could fit 2 of my noses, they sit very low on my cheeks, they need to be cut in half then they'd be ok and wouldn't sit on my face..

I uploaded a photo of me wearing Oakley Turbine:

loove the shape of them! but waay too wide, and sit way too low on cheeks/half the size would be good!

http://s7.postimg.org/4vdr6njkn/IMG_0234.jpg?noCache=1442453624

http://s22.postimg.org/q09vmi1y5/IMG_0235.jpg?noCache=1442453671

I also wanted to show you guys a pair of my old sunglasses and ones I currently wear, see how the bridge is in the center and NOT parallel to the top frame of the sunglasses? I think this helps a lot and keeps them from touching the cheeks, you know what I mean?

http://s10.postimg.org/qj3t06h9l/IMG_0077.jpg

unlike these ones, these are my newer ones which I don't wear, the bridge is at the top parallel with the top frame and therefore they sit on my cheeks because they go lower: (these ones I can't even wear because they touch my cheeks so much, right now I only wear the ones above)

View image: IMG 0075

Check out the new model canteen..they should fill the bill;full rimmed,fits small/med head,excellent wrap and come polar

x squared: I'm not sure if they're available online.. the only place I saw them was ebay..which I don't trust..
also, how's the side of the frames? would sun go through the sides?

XS you would have to get on ebay or here in the X-Metal Exchange once you have sufficient privileges. They wrap very well around the face, and I get almost no light leak from the sides. It really is a great frame, but if you want something you can find readily available at a fraction of the price the current wire frame offerings from Oakley are great. Might I suggest the Tinfoil, Square Wire, or Taper. You can adjust the nose pads to be closer together or farther apart to accommodate the bridge of your nose.

Couldn't find x squared under $500...they are way overpriced. I saw one pair but it had a greyish frame..didn't like it/would prefer all black..but even that greyish frame..it was kind of odd looking on each of the corners it had these points sticking out.... /I also came upon a model called Fives Squared? is this one any good? says it's black iridium/polarized as well. The shape look's ok..am slightly worried the top of my eyes may be slightly exposed..but can't say for sure..is this worth considering?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OAKLEY-POLAR...es-/371435768860?hash=item567b4c0c1c#rpdCntId

Five Squared is a good choice. It's a very basic frame that falls into the Life Style category. It is a smaller frame which you may like. Only potential problem that I could see is that there is no unobtainium (rubber parts) on the nose bridge to help keep from slipping off and no unobtainium on the ear stems which help with comfort. Other than not having these rubber pieces a very decent frame. I have seen better prices though.

Back