• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking For Jfl

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
What does the CF stand for?

And when ya'll say colorways, as in "I think all 4 colorways were 30% off" does colorways mean the different color combinations?

Sorry to sound dumb haha

No worries man! Welcome to the forum! CF = Carbon Fiber - in this case the arms of the matte black JFL are black CF weave on the outside of the arms and red CF weave on the inside of the arms. I think it's a toss up between matte black and aluminum/ice as the favorite JFL. "Colorways" is the shorthand for color combinations as you correctly guessed...

Some people reacted to this post.
Thank you for the clarification! I am messaging with V2oak about getting my first pair! Hope to snag them

Username Hidden said:
No worries man! Welcome to the forum! CF = Carbon Fiber - in this case the arms of the matte black JFL are black CF weave on the outside of the arms and red CF weave on the inside of the arms. I think it's a toss up between matte black and aluminum/ice as the favorite JFL. "Colorways" is the shorthand for color combinations as you correctly guessed...

I should have guessed CF meant carbon fiber as well, makes sense since they have carbon fiber ear pieces!!

the brushed aluminum/ ice polar. is my favorite colorway for the jfl. the matte black/black ir looks almost the same as jupiter carbon.

I made a deal with V2oak on his brushed/ice polarized BNIB...super excited, such a gorgeous pair of glasses

Username Hidden said:
the brushed aluminum/ ice polar. is my favorite colorway for the jfl. the matte black/black ir looks almost the same as jupiter carbon.

The matte black / red CF w/ BIP is classy as hell. Truly though to each his own, I like all the JFLs. A classic sunglass silhouette with oakley lenses, 0.005" machined aluminum, beta titanium and carbon fiber? Bleep bloop blerp... take my money now please

No doubt, probably shouldn't be spending the money on these glasses but I can not resist them! So gorgeous, and as far as matte black vs. Brushed aluminium...brushed aluminium wins for classyness in my opinion, kind of a shame to cover up the beautiful aluminium don't ya think?

Different shades for different days.
Thats why I have all 4 stock colors plus 1 custom JFL.

it's not that I don't like the matte black. I just think it looks too much like the jupiter carbon; which I have, btw. similar look but lighter. in hind sight, I wish I bought the jfl instead.

Username Hidden said:
Different shades for different days.
Thats why I have all 4 stock colors plus 1 custom JFL.

I agree most definitely, the fiancé thinks I have too many pairs..I'm sure my small collection has no comparison to most of the guys on here