• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for Madmen lens with a lighter tint / higher VLT

Bromius

Oakley Beginner
I'm actually getting frustrated. Without going into the sordid details I'm hoping to put a lens on my Madmen that has a tint light enough that they can be left on all the time but dark enough to mostly obscure an outside view of my eyes. A neutral gray tint would be fine or some color other than brown, amber, or yellow. Possibly something in the 30-40% VLT range. So far I have found one source that has a 30% VLT yellow lens, but I can't stand yellow/amber tints. Has anyone come across such a thing?

I'm not looking to keep people from seeing me perv on them in subway trains (or wherever). I had some violence done to my right eye and it looks pretty gross. It's a distraction to others and I'm a little self conscious about it myself. It still sees well enough (thank the gods) so I can't just put a patch over it. I actually bought the Madmen because they looked like the kind of frames that would be easy to have some custom lenses made. Turning out to be harder than I planned to find.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Man, sorry to hear about your eye. If it is a distraction to others, then wearing a Madman is only going to draw attention to you.

You should be able to get a lot of different lenses custom cut for that frame though.

Man, sorry to hear about your eye. If it is a distraction to others, then wearing a Madman is only going to draw attention to you.
It's a great looking set of shades. I don't mind standing out. But having an f'd-up eye makes conversations weird. Like, not many people are rude about it but you can tell the moment the barista at Starbucks or whatever notices. I guess I would rather be that 'Sunglasses all the time guy' like Bono or Depp (but without the money and influence and maybe talent depending on who you ask).

Linegear do Madman lenses in Clear Green mirror (83% vlt) and Titanium Clear Mirror (50% vlt grey lens).

The Ti Clear lens sounds like it might suit your needs, I've always found Linegear lenses to be of good quality too.

Hope your eye heals up quickly!

Linegear do Madman lenses in Clear Green mirror (83% vlt) and Titanium Clear Mirror (50% vlt grey lens).

The Ti Clear lens sounds like it might suit your needs, I've always found Linegear lenses to be of good quality too.

Hope your eye heals up quickly!

Thanks! This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Gonna reach out to them this weekend.

As for eye ... I still see out of it, but its probably gonna make my ol mum weep every time she sees it. The other guy looks worse. He was killed in prison a month or so after arriving. I didn't have anything to do with that one. I'm a chill bhuddist.

Yeah, no one at my club reminds me to lose the shades at the dinner table now.

Back