• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for OTT for 3d scan project

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Just kicking around the idea. But would love to find a pair of OTTs, I will pay for them handle them with cotton gloves and send them back to their owner.

I'm learning 3d scanning and printing and thinking it would be a fun project to try.

I have a theory I want to test that they would be great for aviation use(headsets need a good seal or the engine noise kills you, ear arms interfere with seals)
Thanks,
Dan
I'm in Pittsburgh PA

Some people reacted to this post.
Your inbox is full

should be cleared now

Username Hidden said:
Just kicking around the idea. But would love to find a pair of OTTs, I will pay for them handle them with cotton gloves and send them back to their owner.

I'm learning 3d scanning and printing and thinking it would be a fun project to try.

I have a theory I want to test that they would be great for aviation use(headsets need a good seal or the engine noise kills you, ear arms interfere with seals)
Thanks,
Dan
I'm in Pittsburgh PA

I have a pair you can buy. When you are done and return it to me, please don’t expect me to return your payment.

Username Hidden said:
I have a pair you can buy. When you are done and return it to me, please don’t expect me to return your payment.
Haha, that depends what the upfront payment is in that case. It will cost me a few bux to even hire a modeler.. so I don't mind paying a rental fee. But ain't $1500 interested in the project for a pair of knockoffs 😜

Things have really changed in the collector world. It used to be collectors would have disdain for replicas, Jim Jannard would embarrass you for even thinking of having a replica, and the Oakley legal department would screw your down for having it. Now, people are openly looking to create fakes. Crazy.

Username Hidden said:
Things have really changed in the collector world. It used to be collectors would have disdain for replicas, Jim Jannard would embarrass you for even thinking of having a replica, and the Oakley legal department would screw your down for having it. Now, people are openly looking to create fakes. Crazy.
Yeah like that Company called ah... Lux? ;)

Username Hidden said:
Well normally I would agree ... I fought to find authentic Juliet's for a few years.

But in this case, first, Oakley as we knew it is dead... And second I'm looking for functionality and the ability to beat the crap out of them in a flight bag without destroying a classic set.

Oakley lost me when they stopped working with the x-metals.

Back