• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for someone to cut discontinued lenses

WileCoyote

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and was looking around trying to get some warranty information about a pair of sunglasses that I purchased in May. I happened to come across some people talking about cutting OEM lens to fit older model glasses that have been discontinued. I have probably 10-15 pairs of older sunglasses that I stopped wearing because the lenses were beat, but just couldn't toss them out. I did contact Oakley about 2 of the pairs, to see if I could purchase new lenses but they were discontinued. It would be awesome to be able to get some of my older ones re-lensed if it is possible. I have a pair of C-Wires and a pair of older Special Edition Juliet's that I would really like to get done, as they have been two of my favorite pairs over the last 20+ years.

Please tell me who can cut new lenses!!! I am assuming there are a few people doing it, who's the best? I need to get this done.

Thanks

I would really like to get the C-Wires done first, just to see how it works out. Anyone know who could cut those?

I would definitely be interested in helping. My only thing is I need to know what color you'd like, and I'd need the frame to get you proper fit. Can you post a picture of the frame so I can see which generation C-Wire? The older gens were smaller and much easier to find donor lenses for.

Chris messaged me and I just sent him pics of the glasses. Thanks for the help and advice guys, much appreciated.

Back