• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for suggestions based on past fits (trenchcoat, caveat, wiretap)!

stephie

Oakley Beginner
Hi!
I've owned 3 pairs of Oakleys in my life, and nostalgia makes me want to find a new perfect pair!

First pair I owned were Trenchcoats with the Bronzed gold glitter black frames and persimmon lenses...and I probably just butchered that description, lol. They were my bug-eyed Oakleys that sat on my cheeks (asian, no nose bridge), and I thought they were the coolest thing ever. Then I received a pair of Caveats as a gift...but the bloody frame that encircles the noses pads digs into my face over time and I end up with red marks :( And finally I scooped some wiretaps rx frames that sat for a long while until I had some polarized generic prescription lenses put in.

I have:
No real nose bridge
A fairly large head
Not very deep orbital sockets (my eyelashes end up brushes my lenses most of the time)

I want a pair of sunglasses that evokes the awesomeness I felt every time I donned my old Trenchcoats (they met a terribly sad end btw). I've been eyeing the jawbones lately and wonder how they compare to trenchcoats...also, from what I can discern, Asian fit jawbones should have less curvature in the frames (good), larger nose pads (good), and possibly narrower frames than regular jawbones (bad).

Suggestions?

I know this has been said 1000's of times but NOTHING beats hitting up an O store to actually check the fit as what others think is a "good" fit might not work for you

Latest Posts

Back