• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Minute Machine Watch Value Thread / How Much Is It Worth? [Consolidated]

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
I hate red, but the one in the middle is calling me. That’s a sweet looking setup imho......

The prices mentioned above reflect complete, like new Minute Machines aka Best Price for Best Condition, or collector quality/complete.

If it doesn’t have the box/packaging reduce price.
Doesn’t have all the links, reduce price.
If it’s worn, (even just a bit!) reduce price.
If it’s customized, then reduce the price.
>Bad/cheap customizations have to be re-done - further reducing price.

*Customization fundamentally reduces the items value.
**Serious collectors already know the price to customize, and it is relatively cheap.

I would place those in the $600-700 range - customized with a too few links to be useable by most North American forum members substantially reduces value as well.
Some would beg to differ that customization ruins the value. It may just ruin the watch to some but others it may be a way to get a custom you like at a better price then what you’d spend to accomplish the custom. Just my thoughts though.

Some would beg to differ that customization ruins the value. It may just ruin the watch to some but others it may be a way to get a custom you like at a better price then what you’d spend to accomplish the custom. Just my thoughts though.

i always assume that a custom watch started out as a beater. not necessarily always the case but it would be the safer assumption since you cant see under the paint/cerakote.

i always assume that a custom watch started out as a beater. not necessarily always the case but it would be the safer assumption since you cant see under the paint/cerakote.
I’ve done multiple clean watches to custom sometimes the prep work is way easier especially for polishing and such. But everyone has there own opinion.

In the eye of the beholder... If you have two money flush people wanting the same item on the exact day you wish to sell it $1150. If one guy wants it and you need the cash to bail yourself out of jail after a hard night of drinking $600. Circumstances determine everything! Patience in selling at a good fair price... $800 with all matching links at least. $850 with a box. That Red might get you a little more on Ebay, The Gold tends not to be as popular but again... to the right buyer? Who knows!

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Titanium metal band to replace my rubber band on my Auto Gearbox watch. I'm also happy to consider non-genuine if they are available. I've had feedback that the Titanium band will fit onto my watch that came with the rubber band - hope that's correct. Thanks for any help and advice guys.