• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for X-Metals. XSquared, juliets and interested in Romeos, etc.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
on the XSquared I recommend checking the temple stoppers. They are not as thick/firm as on the other Xmetals (Penny and Half-X do not have them) and therefore beaters commonly show some bending (worst case scenario de stopper is actually broken) leading to the stem ends scratching the inside of the lenses... repair is close to impossible as far as I know (bending them backward can lead to breaking them, as I know from my own experience)

Check the screws on the the XS nosebridge and R2 lenses as some use the wrong driver to open them leading to deformations that can result in a sometimes costly screw-extraction.

As for the Penny it is not uncommon that the hinge mecanism is worn (no "snap" when opening or closing the stems) but that should be repairable (I have read somethinge not sure though) and given the current market value of the penny it should be a bearable cost.

When buying carbon finshed Xmetals ask for pictures of the frame upside down. Commonly the colour fading of OEM Carbon finish starts on the bottom orbitals, nose area (ask to remove nose bombs for pictures), under the stems and outside of the stems.
I would add to that that there have been recent instances of the Metal around the Temple shock fracturing as it is thinner than the orbitals of Romeo, Juliet, Penny, XX & Mars. Particularly the underneath.

Lux & X-Metal are not happy Bedfellows really.....

Some people reacted to this post.
Thanks for the info. I just bought a pair of brand new Plasma xsquared Ruby Lenses I believe. I got a great deal. I kinda don't wanna wear them. I am still looking for Zeros and x-metals. Get back with me.

Username Hidden said:
Don't write off acquiring stuff through Ebay Pal, Especially X Squared. In all colours it is still a relatively plentiful frame. I have a Polished one i would consider selling but your are better served imho getting a Factory Carbon or X metal. I do have an X Metal version but although I hardly wear any X Squared as it is probably my least favourite frame I want to keep at least one example. In my experience (I have bought about 40 pairs of XM in just over Two years) I have probably in 70 per cent of cases done better on Ebay.

FYI, your pms are full