• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking through Prizm Daily Polarized vs Prizm Deep Water Polarized

tifosi521

Oakley Beginner
I just bought a pair of Two Face (Covert Collection) with Prizm Daily Polarized. I'm blown away with the color and detail, but agree with those who say the lens may not be dark enough for bright light. So now I'm debating whether or not I should return these sunglasses for Holbrook with Prizm Deep Water Polarized.

I read somewhere that both lenses have a rose base tint, but read somewhere else that the PDP has a grey base lens. Can anyone verify this?

I owned a pair of Drop Points with the Prizm Sapphire Polarized lens and was annoyed that everything had a rosy tint to it including the sky. Does the PDWP lens look as rosy? How does the color from the PDWP look different than the Prizm Sapphire Polarized? I'm wondering if the PDWP and PDP will basically have the same color but look a little darker because of the lower amount of light that passes through them.

Does anyone have both lenses and can post a comparison pick looking through the PDP and PDWP?
I don't like that my eyes can be seen through the PDP lens. Will my eyes be visible through the PDWP lens?

I appreciate any responses or feedback you can give. Thanks.

I don’t have the option now to provide some pictures but Prizm DWP is certainly not a darker lens than Prizm Daily in my experience.
Oakley claims the light transmission of Prizm DWP is 13% and Prizm Daily is 14% but I guess there is some variation between batches of Prizm DWP because mine is not darker than my Prizm Daily lens.

If you have eyes that are somewhat more light sensitive go for Prizm Black Polarized, if this does not suit you try Prizm Jade Polarized. I have light sensitive blue eyes and Prizm Black Polarized and Prizm Jade Polarized are 2 of my favorite lenses for bright days. I use Prizm daily for changing conditions and traveling and commuting.

Hope this helps and maybe someone else can provide you with some nice pictures.

Regards, Jerome

Edit: Prizm DWP indeed has a slightly rose tint as the base color, if you don’t like this don’t go for DWP.

Daily Prizm top, DWP bottom.
DWP is slightly more reflective and will hide your eyes more, but it depends on the frame...

0B90062B-0254-42AF-8D1A-0320ED8C03B8.jpeg

408FD715-86C9-43B3-8005-B0C972341FF5.jpeg

Back