• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking To Buy My First Juliet!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I have my Carbon frame Juliets with Ice Iridium lenses, but they are less than 3 months old and if my wife found out I was considering getting rid of them she'd have my ass in a sling for quite a long time.

As it is, I'm looking for a classic pair of XM/Ruby for Christmas.

Some people reacted to this post.
After a really awkward staredown from all the employees at the local vault, we all decided the X Squared CAN work on me, but is a little wide/big. Thus, it seems the Half X and the Juliet's seem to be my limit on the Metals, aside from the Penny, which I don't plan on picking. With that, anyone have a Carbon X Squared? I'm actually putting off my TinTin purchase to fund one more X Metal before I gear up for 2012. Let me know! Polished frames are ok as well if you have one, and looking for more subtle lenses to match such as Vr28, or any bronze base. I'm currently bidding on some Finito Juliet's. How much do those go for? Like what's the most I should ever bid on a pair? Much appreciated!

Edit: I just wanted to add...I think the Splice purchase started this whole craze of getting wild, unique looking frames...I found the Splice to be artistic, aggressive and elegant all at the same time. After wearing the Juliet's all day, I feel the same for these. I now see why you folks appreciate the X Metal line for what it is. Hopefully I can obtain the same appreciation...I'm literally putting of both the Flores and TinTin Gascan's for another Juliet heh.

finito's are really rare, they can go up to $300 for a pair even without the box.

I got a pair of Finito lenses NIB ... just need the frame... PM me if you're interested... not posting this in the exchange section since these are not for sale exactly ...

How does the Romeo 2.0 compare to the Juliet in terms of frame, orbital and lens?

Username Hidden said:
How does the Romeo 2.0 compare to the Juliet in terms of frame, orbital and lens?

hey glad youre getting hooked mate. told you you wouldnt regret it!

I just got my romeo2's in recently, and i'll be glad to tell you that they fit pretty similar. The romeo 2 orbitals/lenses are larger though, and may touch cheeks, similar to the halfX (you can custom chop it again!). the frame is really light, even for an X-Metal. Wrap and comfort is up there with the Juliet. and although awkward looking on the shelf, they actually sit really pretty on the face.

The R2.0 are far more comfortable for me as they much lighter and I don't get a feeling of them squeezing my head like all the other X-Metals do minus the Penny. The bottom of the orbitals don't touch my cheeks unless I'm laughing but that's with all my glasses.

Lenses are hard to come by if you need replacing.

Username Hidden said:
The R2.0 are far more comfortable for me as they much lighter and I don't get a feeling of them squeezing my head like all the other X-Metals do minus the Penny. The bottom of the orbitals don't touch my cheeks unless I'm laughing but that's with all my glasses.

Lenses are hard to come by if you need replacing.

I have a few pairs of aftermarket lenses if you are interested.....They have been checked for fit and are perfect. Fire and ice sets... BNIB

Username Hidden said:
I have a few pairs of aftermarket lenses if you are interested.....They have been checked for fit and are perfect. Fire and ice sets... BNIB
I might hit you up on them if I need a replacement. Thanks dude!

Username Hidden said:
I might hit you up on them if I need a replacement. Thanks dude!

No problem...