• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking To Do My Own Custom Radar XL

Darkmatter

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to do a custom here is my question...are the Oakley "Pitch" frames the same as the
Radar XL's besides the different size nose piece? I have an extra Radar XL frame in polished black...I found a decent deal on a "Radar Pitch carbon fiber" frame. If I could swap the nose piece from my black Radar XL
frame to put on the Pitch carbon fiber frame I should have a pretty sweet looking pair of Radar XL
carbon fiber...minus the polished black nose piece.

Mainly asking if the Radar XL lens would fit the Radar Pitch frame once the nosepiece on the Pitch is swapped with ones from my XL's. Correct me if I am wrong but the word "pitch" is referring to the lenses correct? The frame is the same
except for the nose bridge which I hope is not a problem to swap.
Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to do a custom here is my question...are the Oakley "Pitch" frames the same as the Radar XL's besides the different size nose piece? I have an extra Radar XL frame in polished black...I found a decent deal on a "Radar Pitch
carbon fiber" frame. If I could swap the nose piece from my black Radar XL frame to put on the Pitch Graphite frame I
should have a pretty sweet looking pair of Radar XL carbon fiber...minus the polished black nose piece.

Mainly asking if the Radar XL lens would fit the Radar Pitch frame once the nosepiece on the Pitch is swapped with ones from my XL's. Correct me if I am wrong but the word "pitch" is referring to the lenses correct? The frame is the same
except for the nose bridge which I hope is not a problem to swap.
Thanks in advance.

"Pitch" refers to the lense shape - Oakley Radar Pitch Accessory Lenses available at the online Oakley store - the Radar's top part of the frame are standard, so you're good to go!

I thought the frame was different for the XL to standard lenses as the XL lens was deeper at the bridge part. I would look into it more before jumping in & buying a lens to find out it doesn't fit. There are plenty of guys on here with collections of Radars that will be able to tell you.

I thought the frame was different for the XL to standard lenses as the XL lens was deeper at the bridge part. I would look into it more before jumping in & buying a lens to find out it doesn't fit. There are plenty of guys on here with collections of Radars that will be able to tell you.

Thanks I appreciate the concern but I just talked with a friend of mine who works at an Oakley store and he confirmed that the frame is indeed identical...only I will have to change the nosepiece out to the longer one. I have an extra nosepiece for this reason. Gotta love the amount of cutomizing options the Radars offer. :)

I'll post a pic of the Oakley's once I have converted them. They should look beautiful.

take a short look. . .
xlradar.jpg

oakleyradar.jpg

the frame is different at the nose bridge!

i would say no!
but if you take a look at the dimensions of the nose bridge, you can see, that the XL have more space . . .

let me check it tonight - i have a view pairs at home.

Back