• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking To Get A New Truck Any Ideas?

The raptor is sick for sure. Im big on the tundra 5.7, its a rocket and the entire driveline is virtually bulletproof. Im also big on dodge cummins powertrains.

What ever you do. Do not get a ford with a 6.0 diesel.

LMAO yeah what Ecko said!!!

null_zpsd8bc3982.jpg?t=1368132562

null_zps7b7c517c.jpg?t=1368132562

Haha ouch! Yea I have never had a problem with Fords but have heard lots of people who have

1 turbo, 2 sets of heads, countless injectors, and something that the truck look like it deployed a James Bond smoke diversion. That was just the big stuff in 2 years.

Go sit in them.

People can give you all the advise in the world but the ergonomics and option packages are vastly different.

I, for one, don't fit into anything Toyota makes, including their trucks. They have a low dashboard that hits my knees. I also don't believe their frame base is as new as most and is working on outdated crash ratings. Their cars are, for sure.

Similarly I think the Ram trucks have the ergonomic design of a Tonka truck. They've gotten a lot better so I hear, but as of ~2009 I hated what they made.

I'd still go Chevy or Ford as long as what they make fits me and my budget. Ford's got a sharp team for truck interiors, I've met a few of them.

1 turbo, 1 set of injectors, 1 reman motor, 1 transfer case motor, 2 batteries, a starter now I think my tranny's going out. Less than 125,000 miles. oh yeah an EGR cooler and Oil cooler

Go sit in them.

People can give you all the advise in the world but the ergonomics and option packages are vastly different.

I, for one, don't fit into anything Toyota makes, including their trucks. They have a low dashboard that hits my knees. I also don't believe their frame base is as new as most and is working on outdated crash ratings. Their cars are, for sure.

Similarly I think the Ram trucks have the ergonomic design of a Tonka truck. They've gotten a lot better so I hear, but as of ~2009 I hated what they made.

I'd still go Chevy or Ford as long as what they make fits me and my budget. Ford's got a sharp team for truck interiors, I've met a few of them.
So true Chevy and ford I'm very familiar with. Wish I can afford My bosses cars and I mean pricey cars haha

I have a 2005 silverado and absolutely love it. I took it up on Muddy Mountain (yes we have that here...) and it really took a beating. The z71 pack kept things smooth and controlled. I just wish it had more clearance in a stock configuration, but overall, GM products are pretty good though IMO. And that new 2014 GMC sierra looks boss. However, those O2 sensors can be a b*tch though...

If that fails... Go for the Powerwagon. That thing is a beast and has everything a person could want. Lockers galore and a hefty winch on the front end, plus a beastly Hemi.

Latest Posts

Back