• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking to Move to Pensacola, FL. Any suggestions

Deathknight33

Oakley Beginner
Terrell, TX
Our family is looking to relocate to the Pensacola, Florida area from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Was wondering If anyone on the forum lives in or around the Pensacola area. Any and all comments would be helpful, for example cost of living and insurance rates. The kind of stuff most people don't consider as a higher cost compared to Texas prices.

P Cola is like 3 hours from here. That's the first beach you can actually stop at and not risk catching something. (gulf shores/ orange beach is ok too)

There's a Naval Air Base there too and it's pretty damn big from what I remember so I would expect a heavy patriot atmosphere.

I can't really help with cost of living other than to say it's a nice beach town so I bet it's higher than here but like XMB said it's not gonna be anything like south Florida.

Just remember all the really weird **** happens in Florida.

Very close family live in pace Florida, right next to Pensacola, I can't help with the cost of living etc. but I can tell you that it is not a heavily populated area and is in my opinion a great place to live. In Florida, and like @X-Metal Beast said, your coat of living will be much cheaper up north than it would be in central and south Florida

Very close family live in pace Florida, right next to Pensacola, I can't help with the cost of living etc. but I can tell you that it is not a heavily populated area and is in my opinion a great place to live. In Florida, and like @X-Metal Beast said, your coat of living will be much cheaper up north than it would be in central and south Florida
We vacation regularly to the Orlando area and knew for sure that area is to congested for us. Trying to get away from all the congestion and traffic, my wife drives into Dallas 3 days a week and it's starting to get old for her.

Actually property taxes are State regulated, and since there's no income tax in FL, they nail you with property taxes, at 2% the value. Depending on how long you plan to stay in FL, is where I would make a decision between buying or renting. I live in South FL, and cost of living here is much higher than up North, so hard for me to give a projection of your cost of living, aside from taxes, Being that you're moving from a Metropolitan area like Dallas, I don't think you will see a bump in cost of living from what you had there, it's probably property taxes where you might find a difference.

I will compare that with our taxes, Texas has high school taxes and they do limit how much they can go up every year. But be assured they do go up every year unless you can prove to them diminishing home value somehow.

Back