• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking To Purchase My First Metals....help Needed

will brown

Oakley Beginner
Hey All, thanks again for the great site......
Quick question from the experts here.I am looking at buying my first pair of metals. I have visited the three stores and vault we have in our area with no luck. I dont plan any trips in the near future so i wanted to ask opinion. I have several pair of Hijinx, Monster Dogs and Fuel Cells,so If i am reading correctly,these are larger framed and I have a larger head....What do you feel would be the best place to start as far as appropriate sized metals?

For a larger head, I would look into trying a Romeo or a XX, unfortunately you will have to get them off eBay, Craigslist, here if someone's selling, Since they don't make them any more.

If you fit comfortably in a Fuel Cell, then fit wise i would say XS. From a collector's standpoint, R1 or XX.

+1 for X Metal XX, R1 or Juliet. Sometimes I find a Hammerstem Juliet (bent arm on polished varieties, as on the XX) can give a little more clearance. I have a largish head and wear a Juliet no problem. Good luck!

if you have a high nosebridge, the Romeo2 is a fantastic fit. youll probably find the XX will overall fit best, the romeo a close second, but tends to win due to its "cult classic" status. XSquareds do fit tighter than it looks, but you can get thinner t-shocks to compensate for that (either custom or cut a juliet one thin). I do like the Xsquareds more and more- was truly a worthy last hoorah of the xmetal line.

youll also be surprised by how accomodating a halfX is, and theyre a cheap place to start (although having no flex couplers, are the "runt" of the xmetal line.) Forget about he penny lol. and the juliet is just a slightly smaller version of the XX (fit around the head is the same, its just how big/tall the lenses are)

XX all the way.
best pair of Oakley's I've ever owned.
perfect if you have a "high bridge".

Back