• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking to replace Batwolf lenses. Few Q's

Arsenic

Oakley Beginner
Hey, first post. Just bought my first pair of oakleys (a pair of batwolfs) and I'll never go back to other sunglasses again.

The lenses that came with the batwolfs are awesome but unfortunately you can see my eyes very clearly in just about any amount of light. I wear sunglasses indoors because I have a registered fluorescent light disability. I think the black iridium lenses will be too dark indoors? Think of walmart / Target type lightning... which of the following lenses will prevent others from seeing my eyes, and what is the difference between them (ie, what are they best for?) I'm looking at only the polarized ones.

Black Iridium Polarized
Gray Polarized
VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
OO Black iridium polarized
Sapphire Iridium Polarized

My concern is that the black iridium's might be too dark for a walmart type invironment and that maybe the gray / OO / vr28's might not be dark enough or you might be able to see my eyes.

Thank you!!!

Black Iridium Polar is a 9% light transmission lens, while VR28 Black Iridium Polar and OO Black Iridium polar are 10%; so you aren't going to notice much of a difference and your eyes are not visible in any of them.

Gray Polar is 17% lens, it's much lighter and your eyes will be visible when the light hits them in certain ways. The Sapphire is a 13% so it's a good in between and your eyes will not be visible.

Hey, first post. Just bought my first pair of oakleys (a pair of batwolfs) and I'll never go back to other sunglasses again.

The lenses that came with the batwolfs are awesome but unfortunately you can see my eyes very clearly in just about any amount of light. I wear sunglasses indoors because I have a registered fluorescent light disability. I think the black iridium lenses will be too dark indoors? Think of walmart / Target type lightning... which of the following lenses will prevent others from seeing my eyes, and what is the difference between them (ie, what are they best for?) I'm looking at only the polarized ones.

Black Iridium Polarized
Gray Polarized
VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
OO Black iridium polarized
Sapphire Iridium Polarized

My concern is that the black iridium's might be too dark for a walmart type invironment and that maybe the gray / OO / vr28's might not be dark enough or you might be able to see my eyes.

Thank you!!!
black iridium is a little too dark for inside type of lighting especially polarized with a 9% rate of transmission. now with preventing others from seeing your eyes that would be anything with iridium coating. that is the mirrored coating on the outside that prevents people from seeing your eyes. now with polarized you could do chrome polarized which only has a 17% rate of transmission and it is like looking into a mirror. that is something I would recommend. Batwolf lenses don't come in sapphire from what I am aware. they never made it since Sapphire is a newer lens

Sapphire Iridium was just released for Batwolf. I am wondering what it's like to look through this lens. You might want to try 24k or tungsten.

Sapphire Iridium was just released for Batwolf. I am wondering what it's like to look through this lens. You might want to try 24k or tungsten.
was it really just released? that is awesome. I love that lens. I have it in my holbrooks.

Latest Posts

Back