• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking to set up a small Network of Collectors that are tired of Pimps

This verbage is a partial repost from another thread response that I made in response to Sub Zero Scalpers List:

Flippers/Scaplers/Resellers whatever you choose to call them, I personally call them Pimps. Not as in the cool pimps that run hoes and dress impeccably, but as in pimp-les on the a§s of collecting. Horrible to see and hurt where your wallet sits!
Bottom line, pimp-les suck and I also shake my head in disbelief at all the pimp-le supporters, long gone are the days of just helping each other out I guess. This I want free stuff mindset is the new collector generation, im OG in that I don't need other collectors money to build my collection.
With that said, if you are like minded and would like to be part of and contribute to a "Network of Collectors" with the OG mindset. That will help each other out then PM me and let's set it up together. If not I can go back to lurking and not bugging anyone...lol

THIS reminds me of the way things used to be around this forum. A lot of great people gone due to this very thing.

I'm definitely in! Had several great experiences since joining up, (and one not so great, but oh well, what can ya do? 🤷‍♂️), and I'd like to continue to do so. When I was collecting high end custom knives, scalping became an all to common issue, the makers would sell a knife for $700 bucks, only to see the buyers turn around and resale said knife for $1500+. I got so fed up with all the shady business practices, that I sold all my customs, and Invested that cash back into vintage Oakleys, mainly, X-Metals. I've met some really great folks on this forum, and I'm slowly learning who can be trusted beyond reproach. This is an awesome community, and I'd like to contribute in anyway I can to help it remain so.

Del you need to get in with some of the OG crowd on the review. That’s where it all happens and still does

Collector heaven and no scalping, it’s all about the passion and culture,

Whilst most are silent visitors it’s worth the effort

In of Course, yesterday, I saw Xeus in a SunglassHut, I only collect M Frame and Pro M Sweeps, so I called a collector and he bought for 262 euros, 50% discount. Am I stupid for not buy and sell to gain 700 or 1000 euros or trade for M Frames, I think not.

A SGH had a Xeus? Say what!

Things change.......not everyone can be a OG Pimp :)
I remember a certain member that ran around to a bunch of store buying things up and charging for his time and gas but he was "helping" everyone out.
I bet his time and gas didn't equate to double the MSRP. I have absolutely no problem with putting gas in someone's tank and compensating for time, the people I have been in contact with already have been made aware of that.

Back