• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looks Like Somebody Is Gonna Eat It This Time

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
290747909012 on Ebay.

This time the listing screams "no returns" but has been bid up to $500

Am I missing something or are the high bidders?

IMO he has put together a good listing on a increasingly rare pair of desirable shades... Prices have been rising and though there might be some good deals still out there from time to time I think the days of the great deals are coming to an end... I am watching as well, I dont think $550-600 is out of question on these..... Time will tell....

It kept getting listed with a BIN of $777.77. The seller description of the frames doesn't seem to line up with the pictures. Almost brand new but half the gold is rubbed off.

IMO he has put together a good listing on a increasingly rare pair of desirable shades... Prices have been rising and though there might be some good deals still out there from time to time I think the days of the great deals are coming to an end... I am watching as well, I dont think $550-600 is out of question on these..... Time will tell....

I think that you may be slipping here my venerable friend. I agree with everything that you said above especially about how well the listing was created and executed. However, I'm not sure if the logic applies ot this pair. A pair of NIB or LNIB I agree wholeheartedly about- but not this pair IMHO.

Oh their watching it like a hawk. Beautiful pair of XX's.

Really??? A beautiful listing but not a beautiful pair.

So the first 4 times it was listed... they were returned each time?

I don't know the answer to that.

First time I remember seeing this seller selling this complete package... Did I miss something?

Yes, this has floated several times

It kept getting listed with a BIN of $777.77. The seller description of the frames doesn't seem to line up with the pictures. Almost brand new but half the gold is rubbed off.

Thank you. This is what I am talking about. The orbitals have the finish worn completely off a large area and the stems are worn too. In my somewhat limited experience- which is actually several years, but still junior to many other more senior collectors- I have never seen a frame with the kind of wear that these exhibit. At the very least the condition of these is a sharp contrast to the listing content that states: "lightly worn for the first year then retired to a keepssake container". Seriously, these sunnies had the sh*t worn out of them and the finish literally worn off. Given the service that they delivered they deserved to be retired.

I am watching as well, I dont think $550-600 is out of question on these..... Time will tell....

I was spot on if you include shipping ($550.40)...lol

CarGuy... I was not saying that they deserve that amount because IMO they don't... But I have been telling you guys that rare pairs of desirable shades is on the rise and this is a perfect example... People are paying more for lesser quality!

I have said it a few times, grab the pairs you want now in the X Metals that are BNIB because the SCORES are getting scarce...

I was spot on if you include shipping ($550.40)...lol

CarGuy... I was not saying that they deserve that amount because IMO they don't... But I have been telling you guys that rare pairs of desirable shades is on the rise and this is a perfect example... People are paying more for lesser quality!

I have said it a few times, grab the pairs you want now in the X Metals that are BNIB because the SCORES are getting scarce...

You do know your stuff FGG!

Like you I'm sure, I've been smoked before by misrepresentations and I have no tolerance for it. Tell me what it is and I can deal with it.

Latest Posts

Back