• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose penny question

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys got the penies,love them so much ,just even the nosebridge is not loose ,they are bit loose on my face,does anyone know if x mans tuneup make them more tight than factory? That they wont fall off my face so much??he tued some my juliets very good that they are more tight than factory ...

He can tune the Penny in the same fashion as the Juliet, not as easy for him but he gets it done. Given the spring hinge design they don't tend to hold as well as the Juliet's in my experience. They may hold better if you have a smaller head.

I don't think that an X Man tune-up will fix your issue. Pennies simply fit looser due to the flex (couldn't think of a better word, sorry) that the spring hinges provide. If you got the flex coupler as tight as you could the spring hinges are still going to allow additional flexibility until they reach the end of their movement. Then I would imagine that they are more prone to breakage.
As an aside, your design studies have been amazing, why don't you work up a design of the Penny in XX size for these guys?

I gave a set of pennys to my best friend for his B Day years ago
after a couple of years he complained about them sliding off his face if he bent over and looked down and such
Sent to x man for tune, they stick to his face when he looks down now.
He is very happy, he has smaller face so they fit him well

I gave a set of pennys to my best friend for his B Day years ago
after a couple of years he complained about them sliding off his face if he bent over and looked down and such
Sent to x man for tune, they stick to his face when he looks down now.
He is very happy, he has smaller face so they fit him well
YMMV!

He can tune the Penny in the same fashion as the Juliet, not as easy for him but he gets it done. Given the spring hinge design they don't tend to hold as well as the Juliet's in my experience. They may hold better if you have a smaller head.
The problems with tuning the pennys are old news for me......ive got it down pat now.

Back