• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopaka's DIY Garage (2.0)

I just took a peek at the eBay offerings, and I have to say the OG Valve offerings are currently disappointing... lots of high prices and poor condition. Maybe start up a buying thread for that model? A nice pair will pop up at a reasonable price - it's just a matter of time.

Luckily I’m in no rush!

A second pair of Craters is still at the top of my wish list. I’ll wait till my fellow Lopaka has filled his OG Valve tank to full ‘then’ will pop a buying thread. Don’t wanna compete with my Brothers! 😎🤙

Got a touch of Tony Stark going there…😎🤙

Looks great to me! These Valve 1.0 are “almost” as hard to find as MARS! 😜
That’s why I’m trying my hand at painting. Now I can buy these beat up ones and just fix them up. Ironman No. Forty Niner footballl Yes.
I just took a peek at the eBay offerings, and I have to say the OG Valve offerings are currently disappointing... lots of high prices and poor condition. Maybe start up a buying thread for that model? A nice pair will pop up at a reasonable price - it's just a matter of time.
Prices are what drove me to customizing. Now it’s beyond stupid for some sellers. They’re just hoping to catch that one naive sucker.

IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg

This is my copper attempt. Came out darker than I would like.

Last edited:
I'm finding out that I have much more clear lugs than I do the black ones. It's like I was really super unlucky to start with two black ones in a row. Haven't seen another since. Lol. Pop your ear stem off and you can check the little nubs on the lugs to see if clear. But I did have good aluminum finishes that I didn't want to erase, so I swapped them with ones that had defects. Having bought beaters, a lot of lugs had damages. Maybe I'll try learn how to recreate that aluminum finish someday. The project-production table is getting kinda crowded. Lol. :cool:🤙

IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG

Back