• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopsided Juliet: /arms Uneven.

Will

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys need some help.

I just bought a pair of Juliets from eBay and they are supposedly brand new (the tags are still in the earstems/arms).

The problem I have is that the earstems/arms are uneven. When I rest the Juliet's flat on the table with the earstems extended, the earstems are lopsided/uneven: I.e. the left earstems sits higher by almost an inch.

I am a bit hesitant to just go straight ahead and try to bend the arms because I'm not sure whether the unevenness is coming from the nose piece or not.

Has anyone had such a problem before?

check if the hinges are even - with the arms extended, does the jet icon touch metal to metal (ie doesnt sit on the t-shock properly)? if is, its a factory issue. ive had a few juliets with that problem... misaligned hinges. they drilled the hole at a bad angle.

Hey brip. Thanks for the reply. Yes that was the first thing I checked because I remember you telling me about that previously in another thread. The hinges both sit nicely in the middle and do not touch the metal frame at all.

Do any of your Juliet's have this problem?

Hey brip. Thanks for the reply. Yes that was the first thing I checked because I remember you telling me about that previously in another thread. The hinges both sit nicely in the middle and do not touch the metal frame at all.

Do any of your Juliet's have this problem?

currently, my Gen2 Titanium frame is doing this, but only ever so slightly (like a 2 mm hover) another possibility is the flex couplers being a little uneven. check if they sit evenly, or if one side is loose and flopping slightly. check the gaps between the nosebridge and the orbitals should be fairly even on both sides.

I just took the Juliet's out to check. The nose bridge flex coupler is very tight.

But what is interesting is that I just now noticed that when I look at the nosebridge from the reverse perspective (I.e. what you see just before wearing the juliets) there is almost no gap between the nose bridge and the left orbital. Is that a manufacturing fault?

I just took the Juliet's out to check. The nose bridge flex coupler is very tight.

But what is interesting is that I just now noticed that when I look at the nosebridge from the reverse perspective (I.e. what you see just before wearing the juliets) there is almost no gap between the nose bridge and the left orbital. Is that a manufacturing fault?

more like installation... but no big deal. those usually even out after some use. its just the rubber inside snt sitting properly. you can try to work that side of the orbital into the right position and see if you get it straighter

Thank goodness I didn't touch those innocent earstems then. Close one.

Yeah I think breaking them in on my face might even them out a bit. Hope they don't break my face first...they are quite tight. Man I forgot how tight brand new Juliets feel after all this time having to use my old juliets I bought in 2003 haha.

I think I might try to take some pics tomorrow for future reference so folks who have this problem don't be go bending arms straightaway.

Thank goodness I didn't touch those innocent earstems then. Close one.

Yeah I think breaking them in on my face might even them out a bit. Hope they don't break my face first...they are quite tight. Man I forgot how tight brand new Juliets feel after all this time having to use my old juliets I bought in 2003 haha.

I think I might try to take some pics tomorrow for future reference so folks who have this problem don't be go bending arms straightaway.

yeah i always advise against bending earstems. theyre bloody hard and unlikely to be the issue. anyway, make sure you got the smallest t-shocks on....

An inch!!!!!
IMHO,I WOULD GRAB BY THE ORBS AND TWEAK EM SO THE ARMS TOUCH,THERE SUNGLASSES, YOU WONT DO ANY DAMAGE TO THOSE TITANIUM FRAMES,SOME OUT THERE WILL CRINGE UPON SAYING THIS BUT WHAT OTHER OPTIONS ARE THERE.

Back