• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

love Big Taco but 1 things.

theclub27

Oakley Beginner
On the Big Taco the lenses fog up easily due to no air flow thru the lenses. "I think that is the case" Would a small hole drilled in each lens at the bottom possible solve that? like the size of a toothpick.

I either deal with the fogging or try the hydrophobic kit.

Since the Taco is long discontinued, it's one of those two options or send the lenses to be permanently cut for another frame lol

Not sure anyone would drill a hole in those lenses...

@Chris A Hardaway :rofl:

Sent from Q's Note5
Someone here would drill a hole in them. I forget who but there is someone. ;)

I would definitely love to experiment by drilling holes in them. Here's the issue. You'll need more than one hole per lens. You'll need minimum of two holes per lens. The size of a toothpick might be only about 1.0 mm in diameter. Why don't we drill about three 2.0 mm holes on the outer top corner and two similar holes on the lower-inside corner.

Have you ever noticed if you open a window in your house you don't get much of a breeze, but if you open two windows you've suddenly created a draft. You basically need to have fresh/cooler air flowing in behind the lenses to keep the warm air from collecting around your eye sockets and fogging the inside up. If you would like me to do it, I can drill very clean, neat, well aligned holes at the area of your desire.

Then if that doesn't work you can give me the lenses to cut for an XX Xmetal, Juliet, X-Squared or Romeo! <---------------- This might be a joke.

I would definitely love to experiment by drilling holes in them. Here's the issue. You'll need more than one hole per lens. You'll need minimum of two holes per lens. The size of a toothpick might be only about 1.0 mm in diameter. Why don't we drill about three 2.0 mm holes on the outer top corner and two similar holes on the lower-inside corner.

Have you ever noticed if you open a window in your house you don't get much of a breeze, but if you open two windows you've suddenly created a draft. You basically need to have fresh/cooler air flowing in behind the lenses to keep the warm air from collecting around your eye sockets and fogging the inside up. If you would like me to do it, I can drill very clean, neat, well aligned holes at the area of your desire.

Then if that doesn't work you can give me the lenses to cut for an XX Xmetal, Juliet, X-Squared or Romeo! <---------------- This might be a joke.
Give it a 'gator teeth' look like the Water Jacket has ...

Cutting notches by hand: painfully slow. I cut a vented racing jacket lens for a Juliet. Yeah, it worked, but just trimming the vented area proved difficult because it's easier to "slip" with a file and ruin the lens. Now imagine creating the entire vented section from scratch!

Latest Posts

Back