• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Love/hate Fuel Cell

i just received my pair of troy lee love/hate fuel cell in the mail off ebay payed thru paypal listed as brand new. the box was crumpled and a letter from the seller apologising for this due to his supplier and hoping this didnt bother me. furthermore he states in the letter that despite the condition of the box, the glasses were in A1 condition! his words. opening the box, i find the poster being crumpled/used. the lenses have noticeable scratches. overall, whilst the frame/artwork is good, it seems this pair was at least a display model. he has offered me a refund. im in a love/hate frame of mind. i can go for a refund. but on the other hand im considering a partial refund, given the fact that the previous two pairs he sold in brand new condition for approx 170. i paid 240 plus p&h. i find it unfair that i paid that amount of money to get it in the condition that i did, when the others paid less for in better condition that i did. the listing shows everything to be in perfect condition, so i assume thats what the others got as well. as i say, i can take the easy way out and get a refund. but ive been trying to get a pair of these and they are not easy to find.

i just received my pair of troy lee love/hate fuel cell in the mail off ebay payed thru paypal listed as brand new. the box was crumpled and a letter from the seller apologising for this due to his supplier and hoping this didnt bother me. furthermore he states in the letter that despite the condition of the box, the glasses were in A1 condition! his words. opening the box, i find the poster being crumpled/used. the lenses have noticeable scratches. overall, whilst the frame/artwork is good, it seems this pair was at least a display model. he has offered me a refund. im in a love/hate frame of mind. i can go for a refund. but on the other hand im considering a partial refund, given the fact that the previous two pairs he sold in brand new condition for approx 170. i paid 240 plus p&h. i find it unfair that i paid that amount of money to get it in the condition that i did, when the others paid less for in better condition that i did. the listing shows everything to be in perfect condition, so i assume thats what the others got as well. as i say, i can take the easy way out and get a refund. but ive been trying to get a pair of these and they are not easy to find.

Would you really be happy keeping something in that condition and getting part of your money back? I'd wait for another one to pop up regardless. That really sucks though.. :(

like Nyarlathotep wrote . . .
got my lenses and the icon from those clrear frame ;o) was the easiest way!

lovehatel.jpg

those are sick sick i wanty!!!!!!

was this the guy in Australia that had a few pairs of them?
i contacted one about them and he said he would only ship to the us if i used bin i would return them if i were you i would want better than that if you paid so much

was this the guy in Australia that had a few pairs of them?
i contacted one about them and he said he would only ship to the us if i used bin i would return them if i were you i would want better than that if you paid so much

most likely it was. he must have had a few of them. he was relisting them very frequently, and there was a pair with an option to BIN at the same time, albeit at a high premium. and that was the option he gave to overseas buyers it seems.

Return them and be patient, I snagged my BINB mint for around 180 on Ebay. Right place right time. It wasnt a steal by any means but I wanted them and it seemed reasonable. Worst case buy a pair over here and have someone ship them to you after inspection.

Latest Posts

Back