• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Low light cycling lenses

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Hi there,

I Always use my yellow M-Frame lense in low light cycling conditions: Cloudy day road rides, evening rides coming home in the dusk, dark woods (well every trail ride actually). I thnk the 88% ight transmission is perfect for that.

Looking for new cycling shades, i see that yellow is only offered in Radarlock. Prizm trail seems a bit too dark. Any other suggestions?

I think Oakley should make a Prizm Low Light Cycling. :)

Photochromatic (would work for low light and during the day) or light positive red maybe...
I've always imagined Clear to Black Photochromic would be perfect in that situation, but I've no personal experience with it...
@neotrooper just acquired that lens and rides. Maybe he's around.
Light positive red is a great looking lens, but it's over twice as dark (40%) as the OP's preference.

@flyer @Designer23 -
Pos+Red is a great all round lens ... however now that I have options, my setup for mountain biking is:

If I'm only riding during the day- Prizm Trail.
If I know I'm doing an after work ride that will run into the night, definitely Photochromic.
If I know my after work ride will turn into a full night-ride marathon with headlights- I pack 2 sets of glasses, start with the prizm-trail then transition to my frog skins (with prescription lens)- because my night-vision sucks for all the detail I will need to see

Hi there,

I Always use my yellow M-Frame lense in low light cycling conditions: Cloudy day road rides, evening rides coming home in the dusk, dark woods (well every trail ride actually). I thnk the 88% ight transmission is perfect for that.

Looking for new cycling shades, i see that yellow is only offered in Radarlock. Prizm trail seems a bit too dark. Any other suggestions?

I think Oakley should make a Prizm Low Light Cycling. :)
You'd be surprised- in actual on-bike use, the prizm-trail is not dark at all. I've worn that lens into the night

Back