• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Low serial Ichiro collection

Smiley

I should Work at Oakley
So it started with WBC edition #75. My first pair of Ichiro’s (ironically the pair I like the least). Next came Emerald of buyee. Serial 138. A pair that had the guy I was bidding against bid $1 yen (literally a dime to me) he’s have one them as I thought they’d be the pair I liked the least. Turns out those are a hell of a beautiful pair in person. Then somehow digging around I found polished blue pair 178 that had been sitting on Mercari for MONTHS. (Close to a year). Price slightly over what going rate was I had to have such a low number. Polished carbon for a while was the highest and I find it ironic that it still is being its one of the most limited of the group. I started with pair 1299. It was high and unboxed so I decided I had to find lower. I’d seen many. None close to low. #1234 #11xx #978 #718 # 656 # 578. Then #0000 popped up on Facebook but yea I was OUT at the $3000 dollar asking price. Pair 455 popped up on buyee and flew under the radar for the entire auction. Being a Pontiac Trans Am collector and recently purchasing a 71 Trans Am with a 455 H.O. and a 4 speed I was in. Snuck that one out for a dirt cheap price. Karma is a bytch though. Along the way I snagged X-Men series 1670 and was giving [mention]jcesl2 [/mention] some grief about missing out on it and the next day polished carbon pair #80 popped up on Mercari. Missed it by HOURS. then pair 323 (I think, maybe 332) surfaces on buyee and there was some sort of shytty glitch that wouldn’t let me bid. I even tossed a huge sniper bid on which I got a confirmed email for and yet still it wouldn’t let the bid go. (This really pisses me off. Well #455 will do for now and 1299 got some Ichiro Blue/Green lenses that my wife loves almost S [mention]Nucchem [/mention] (see Ichiro and Cyclops in the wild for some killer pics ). Well today polished slate #352 showed up from Mercari. I really felt this was gonna be the hardest pair (although I fell into the others mostly by accident) given it had the highest production rate. So when it surfaced despite being in the 300’s I jumped at it and was able to secure the 5th but not final pair for the low serial collection. Special thanks to [mention]dragonvoi [/mention] for trading to me the “unofficial” Ichiro polished/OO Blue pair number 479. It was what Ichiro was wearing before they gave him his own lineup so in my world it counts. And 479 out of probably 50k not to shabby lol. There is but one last pair to get to fulfill the set and any pair of those will have a low serial. Anyone ready to let go of their carbon blue pair? (Nucchem Nucchem Nucchem.....). All things considered and only really having to search for 1 pair with a low serial I’d say it turned out ok......
91b3177ee0c16fc9f4edc2cdc9f21282.jpg