• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Low Serial Numbers

Patrick

Oakley Expert
Mexifornia
Just curious as to how many Oakley enthusiasts/collectors value low serial numbers. My guess would be that for the rare items, it could have value. However for the mass produced models, I don't see much if any value.

I personally don't see any difference in value based on serial numbers. Perhaps a single digit serial would hold a little more value, but in the end it is the condition and completeness that affects the value.

Stuff like a R1 with 23 on it would carry a premium, or a juliet with Ichiro's number on it. ( not even sure they numbered Ichiro model.) Satanists may favor 666...etc..

Most ebay sellers tend to sell even more expensive for the low number. Honestly I really care less about serial. I believe there is one collector here who is collector of "13".

There was one Juliet on ebay that had "x-metal 2003-2013" label on it(I could be wrong on the year). Trying to sell for ridiculous price because it was the last production.

I think if it's super low, it worth a bit more. I'm talking sub 50 or so. Pairs that low were are so hard to get.

It is hard to imagine a collector who wants a certain glass, finds a complete and perfect example of it but will now turn it down solely due to the serial number being too high. Top quality condition of glasses and box with complete contents has for me always been the main focus, if that comes with a low or super low serial then that is just a bonus.

Back