• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lunch Box

Lunch Box vs Tron Vs kitchen sink

• Total voters
I was also thinking that the cooler bag bit on LB might get smelly and be hard to clean. my lap top is really thick and chunky new, alienware. which do think is biggest and safest.

Last edited:
the AP/ Mechanism should have been in poll looks like good bag. which one do you think would have best laptop protection?
I always had my MacBook In my hardshell pack. It was definitely protective

Well I'll probably get KS over the AP, but still thinking about LB, if any one has any pictures they have taken of LB (if anybody has one) I would appreciate seeing them.

Dont get the Kitchen sink, the design is flawed, there a side zipper that can come loose or you can forget to zip it up and your laptop can be on the floor!!!

I current use the Ap bag for my Dj laptop bag, Perfect weight/ price/ style.

I have a used all black hardshell backpack not using, I'll post in the forsale on Saturday section if anyone want it. decent condition super cheap 45 shipped if anyone looking for one.

Last edited:
djhyper66 said:
Dont get the Kitchen sink, the design is flawed, there a side zipper that can come loose or you can forget to zip it up and your laptop can be on the floor!!! I current use the Ap bag for my Dj laptop bag, Perfect weight/ price/ style. I have a used all black hardshell backpack not using, I'll post in the forsale on Saturday section if anyone want it. decent condition super cheap 45 shipped if anyone looking for one.

I wouldn't consider "forgetting to zip it up" a design flaw lol...

I wouldn't consider "forgetting to zip it up" a design flaw lol...

if the zipper is a quarter inch unzipped, walking around with a laptop shall make it unzip even more and risk ur laptop falling out.

Also that bag is so darn heavy the stitching on the arm pads start to come loose after 2-3 months. Going have to bust out the needle and thread and stich it back.

I would still consider that user error. It's just as simple as keeping your fly zipped up. Any stitching issues would be covered under warranty.

I just bought the Lunch Box, and I also have the Oakley Works Pack. While the Works Pack is a great bag, I would have to say that the LB has better laptop protection. Plus, unlike the Kitchen Sink, it has a totally separated compartment for the laptop. I do a lot of traveling, so having the cooler is a nice addition. I wish it wasn't $300, but oh well. Plus, it's a pretty cool looking bag.

That said, take a look at the Works Pack, it's really well designed from a functional standpoint. It also has a completely separate laptop compartment (that also has a section to store a tablet, and the main compartment will store quite a good amount of stuff. There are also two other smaller compartments, one designed to old a pair of shades, the other for additional small miscellaneous items. All in all, it's a great pack, especially considering it's only $100.

Back