• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Luxottica 2018 Approval Rating

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Luxottica is handling the Oakley brand (In 2018)?

• Approve

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 72 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
or by having the PRO's on here do it......Or just wear Contacts or get Lasik........crap at $450 you are halfway to getting one eye done with Lasik.......
I do agree that these are good options. I have to claim bankruptcy due to my ex wife living in our house and not paying on it so I had to use my HSA for something or they were going to take the money in it. That being said I was just pointing it out as it’s just one more bad business practice for the consumers by the money hungry Luxotica

I do agree that these are good options. I have to claim bankruptcy due to my ex wife living in our house and not paying on it so I had to use my HSA for something or they were going to take the money in it. That being said I was just pointing it out as it’s just one more bad business practice for the consumers by the money hungry Luxotica

Yeah definitely use that HSA money up then.......ex wife's will do that to you. I hope I never have one of those.......

Honestly I feel like they are trying pretty hard to keep the innovation and uniqueness that is Oakley. For example attempting to relaunch x metals (although not comparable to the originals they are still nice looking pairs), the design of the shocks in the carbon prime, the remakes of various other classics. I feel like they have good direction and a desire to keep Oakley innovative.

However where they fall flat for me is the planning of these (small releases, poor execution, ect...). and their drive for maximum profits keeps undermining their quality. It seems like they have good ideas, but cant bring them to life quite like the old Oakley did.

Honestly I feel like they are trying pretty hard to keep the innovation and uniqueness that is Oakley. For example attempting to relaunch x metals (although not comparable to the originals they are still nice looking pairs), the design of the shocks in the carbon prime, the remakes of various other classics. I feel like they have good direction and a desire to keep Oakley innovative.

However where they fall flat for me is the planning of these (small releases, poor execution, ect...). and their drive for maximum profits keeps undermining their quality. It seems like they have good ideas, but cant bring them to life quite like the old Oakley did.

The quality and ingenuity is what makes Oakley Oakley. The ingenuity is there....maybe not As ambitious as it once was....(Watches and Xmetals are 2 of the coolest things they ever did, both RIP) the QUALITY is lacking......I have a pair of HJ1.0 that I had worn for 8 years daily, replaced 3 sets of lenses and sock kits....etc....the frame is still firm and tight......I have an HJ2.0 that I have worn daily for about 14 months....the flex and stretch is ridiculous. Its also on its second sock kit. I was averaging 2+years per sock kit with my 1.0's here I am barely making it a year? come on.....its rubber for God's sake.....

The quality and ingenuity is what makes Oakley Oakley. The ingenuity is there....maybe not As ambitious as it once was....(Watches and Xmetals are 2 of the coolest things they ever did, both RIP) the QUALITY is lacking......I have a pair of HJ1.0 that I had worn for 8 years daily, replaced 3 sets of lenses and sock kits....etc....the frame is still firm and tight......I have an HJ2.0 that I have worn daily for about 14 months....the flex and stretch is ridiculous. Its also on its second sock kit. I was averaging 2+years per sock kit with my 1.0's here I am barely making it a year? come on.....its rubber for God's sake.....
agreed, quality isn't up to par with them, I really believe that it is their drive for max profit that completely undermines their designs. the recent lux metals for example would be better pairs if the hinges wernt garbage. some of their new frames seem pretty light and under designed, and plenty of quality control issues as well. if they could pull back that drive to cheapen everything for max profit I feel like they could catch back up to the standards Oakley used to be known for.

The Crossrange is the one I am after, I like that you can switch out the arms on that thing. The Targetline in white does look cool. That's a large frame though right?

Yeah, Targetline is big (posted Pic). I tried those crossrange frames and I just couldn't get into them. They were too flat or something.
3f38e8e426f2efe34cfe7664fe9c5e75.jpg

Back