• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Luxottica has gone too far...

Do you hate Luxottica?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

theafroman

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone, I wanna know if you guys had any BAD experience on eBay because of Luxottica. I was selling an Oakley and Luxottica removed my listing because "it had copyright images." When i took the photo myself. I tried to contact them and they did not even reply for 2 weeks. Why did Oakley choose to be part of that stupid company.

*I also have tried to relist the item again and they removed it.

Why did Oakley choose to be part of that stupid company.
This statement alone is part of the issue.

Oakley is a company. "They" did not choose. Jim Jannard sold Oakley to Luxottica. There may have been bullying or forced hands, but in the end the decision was freely made. If feelings were that strong I'm sure Jim would have rather had the company go under, but he's spoken about the decision. Whether he still has vested interests and won't speak ill of things or it's his true feelings.

No use crying over spilt milk.

I think a lot of company's work to to remove what they consider copyright material, even if they are mistaken. Before Luxottica, Oakley lawyers were particularly vicious for that. They went after ebay sellers for a lot of things including copyright material and selling displays. Believe it or not, they've been chill in recent years.

There are thousands of Oakley products on eBay, tens of thousands of counterfeit ones. What images are you using that are offending Lux?

I dont like LUXotica and I dont buy oakleys made in China or Italy. soon I wont buy oakleys no more

There are thousands of Oakley products on eBay, tens of thousands of counterfeit ones. What images are you using that are offending Lux?

I have pictures with a white background and really good florescent lighting. It looks perfect. Even if the item has lots use marks on it, it always looked new.

What is, is what is......

I buy the new stuff but just accept that the quality isn't as good.

It just makes me want to buy the old stuff even more.

As @Rustpot said, a company is a company. It has no consciousness. It does not care either way.

Back