• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Luxottica Police

jk-27

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Wow, Luxottica really are not endearing themselves to anyone anymore. I had a listing for some sunglasses on eBay. My digital camera is broken so instead I just used the stock Oakley images you can find on hundreds of websites for the models I was selling. I have done this many times for years.

Today I got an email from eBay to say my listings were pulled because 'an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Luxottica Retail, notified eBay that this listing breaches intellectual property rights'. Has anybody else got this?

Wow, I wonder if they actually care about the copyrights of the image, or if they thought you might be selling counterfeits(though they should prob know otherwise by looking at your feedback).

Its not very smart of a company to ask a copyrighted image to be taken down, when its advertising their product lol. Unless they are trying to keep Oakley's in the primary market(i.e bought from them), since they don't profit from the secondary market(i.e eBay).

Technically though according to eBay rules you aren't allowed to use images you didn't create: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

But I'd say at least 10% of eBay listings use stock images.

That's fine them taking down your listing because of the photo BUT they now have to do it for all the rest too otherwise you are being singled out & surely it has to be the same rule for all on eBay listings.

That's dumb. I've lost count of how many eBay auctions I've seen that use the stock website images. I bet Lux doesn't do anything to optical outfits that do this.

Wow, Luxottica really are not endearing themselves to anyone anymore. I had a listing for some sunglasses on eBay. My digital camera is broken so instead I just used the stock Oakley images you can find on hundreds of websites for the models I was selling. I have done this many times for years.

Today I got an email from eBay to say my listings were pulled because 'an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Luxottica Retail, notified eBay that this listing breaches intellectual property rights'. Has anybody else got this?

this happened to me with a supreme jacket a week or so ago -_- obnoxious

About a month ago this happened to me also, was not sure what to make of it than but thanks for posting this

Latest Posts

Back