• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Luxottica's Oakley vs. No Oakley

Just in my personal opinion, the only Sux produced Oakley frames that are good are the Flak 2.0, Tincan/Tinfoil Carbon, and Carbon Prime.

The Jupiter Series and Carbon Shifts aren't bad either.

I love the idea, backstory, and look of the C Six, but have never even seen them in person.

Own 2 pairs of Clifdens...one with the infamous level 5 snow lenses. Those are truly great for what they're designed for. The turbines aren't that great imo, but I appreciate the Batwolf with the one piece lense. My wife really likes the Latch too. I still say Oakleys, even owned by Lux...with the Prizm lenses are great. Not as eye-opening as HD OPTICS when they came out...but does anyone remember the first time they saw 1080p? That was bindblowing....seeing 4k? Pretty neat...and i can't tell the difference between 4k and 8k anymore. If anyone has a great non OEM lense that holds up...let me know. I've got tons of frames I can't get lenses for anymore...and the few I've tried stink. Thats for a different thread though.

Oakley under lux has been awful. Substandard releases, lots of lens pealing, can barely source spare parts any more.
I haven't noticed any of that yet, but I'm still using regular Flakes and half jackets as dailies, but clifdens and gascans are growing on me...except my eyes sweat a bit

This shouldn’t be a shocker. They’re injection molded plastic. It costs pennies to produce injection molded parts on their scale, even when you factor in the high cost of tooling, which probably isn’t even that high on a lot of pairs.
True, it really goes for everything ..... what about adidas and nike shoes, anyone really think they cost 150 to 200 dollars to produce? more like 20, including the labour cost, which are about a bowl of fish and rice a day.

All these well know brands are expensive because they are "famous" and people are willing to pay for them.

True, it really goes for everything ..... what about adidas and nike shoes, anyone really think they cost 150 to 200 dollars to produce? more like 20, including the labour cost, which are about a bowl of fish and rice a day.

All these well know brands are expensive because they are "famous" and people are willing to pay for them.

Yes. It’s called brand recognition and marketing

Well.....I guess.....since Lux has the market cornered anyway, and I, and probably most of you, are still willing to drop up to 200 on a pair of sunglasses....then we keep buying Oakley's (old and new) or jump to cheap panama jack sunglasses from Walmart. Side note, I was in a situation where I actually forgot to bring a pair on a long weekend, and I ended up buying cheap glasses at target....had a massive headache the whole time and realized it was because the cheap plastic lens were warped.

Back