• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame 2.0 lens compatibility

Andrew Cobb

Oakley Beginner
Trying to see what will fit in my frames. Doesn't seem to be much out there on anything but the M-series shields but I was wondering if Radar shields fit the M frame? They seem to come up in searches together and I was wondering if anyone knew?

M Frame lenses are specific to the frame. You can use any standard M Frame lens (not M2 or Alpha). The lens clip can be removed for standard production lenses.

If you're using them for military ballistic protection I highly recommend sticking with a ballistic M Frame 2.0,3.0 lens

Not using them for anything but driving and fishing, outdoorsy stuff. Given that production M Frame lenses are harder to come by I wanted to see what else was out there that would fit without going aftermarket. So basically, I'm stuck trying to find M Frame only lenses? And what did you mean about the lens clip being removed?

I would recommend paying for premium membership here and then watch the exchange forums.

@OakleyTrader15 has bundles come up quite often that are very reasonably priced.

You can scour eBay for lenses, but quality and authenticity are hit and miss.

If you can get Oakley SI access, they have a few options there too.

My $0.02.

... and :welcome:

Not using them for anything but driving and fishing, outdoorsy stuff. Given that production M Frame lenses are harder to come by I wanted to see what else was out there that would fit without going aftermarket. So basically, I'm stuck trying to find M Frame only lenses? And what did you mean about the lens clip being removed?
The M Frame 2.0 has a lens clip, which attaches to the frame and has a small nub stick into the lens - this is to pass MIL impact standards regarding lenses coming free during impact. That clip can be removed.

Unless by 2.0 you weren't referring to the Ballistic M Frame 2.0, which is a pair currently sold to military and police. If you meant the second release back in the 90's, square frame with molded icons, that's something different altogether. Same lenses though.

This thread I put together explains timelines and design changes. It covers the main types of M Frames and whatnot
M2 Frame - An Evolution Of M

The M Frame 2.0 has a lens clip, which attaches to the frame and has a small nub stick into the lens - this is to pass MIL impact standards regarding lenses coming free during impact. That clip can be removed.

Unless by 2.0 you weren't referring to the Ballistic M Frame 2.0, which is a pair currently sold to military and police. If you meant the second release back in the 90's, square frame with molded icons, that's something different altogether. Same lenses though.

This thread I put together explains timelines and design changes. It covers the main types of M Frames and whatnot
M2 Frame - An Evolution Of M
I love the "Evolution of M" post. It is a huge help and really interesting to see the progression. Thanks for posting that.

Back